Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap Netbooks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 389 ✭✭Dec4

Very similar specs, the HP is about €30 cheaper at the moment. Have just purchased one and first impressions are very good, impressive build quality, display, etc.
    Have ordered 2GB ram to speed it up but even with 1GB supplied it seems up to most tasks.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

Dec4 wrote: »
    Very similar specs, the HP is about €30 cheaper at the moment. Have just purchased one and first impressions are very good, impressive build quality, display, etc.
    Have ordered 2GB ram to speed it up but even with 1GB supplied it seems up to most tasks.

what are komplett like to do purchase from? what is weight & battery life of HP machine? thx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭tech

how much was the extar ram? do you find the screen small for surfin web pages? do you reduce the zoom on the screen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭iisollie

holly8 wrote: »
    what are komplett like to do purchase from?

Totally unreliable - unless things have changed dramatically lately

• Registered Users Posts: 6 summerhillie

I have purchased a lot of various items from Komplett including a complete computer build, 24" monitor, etc. All items were picked up at Blanchardstown outlet which was free from shipping charges. All items were delivered on time and very well packed. All in all a very professional service and recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

from recollection the mini 110 has crystal hd and the leonovo has not so for what its worth i'd probably go for the mini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Kevin!

ordered a LED tv off komplett about a year ago, no troubles at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 659 ✭✭✭ToadVine

Is that a good price for the Lenovo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Protect your sanity. Keep away from Komplett.

'You're not an idiot, right'

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

Ordered the HP one. Free postage too with an post. Thanks OP

• Advertisement

kaizersoze wrote: »

That is all.

Just curious as to your experience with Komplett. What went wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

I have purchased a lot of various items from Komplett including a complete computer build, 24" monitor, etc. All items were picked up at Blanchardstown outlet which was free from shipping charges. All items were delivered on time and very well packed. All in all a very professional service and recommended.

Hello Komplett employee

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

kaizersoze wrote: »

That is all.

Homer: Oh, I can’t believe it. I got an enemy. Me, the most beloved man in Springfield.
    Moe: Ah, it's a weird world, Homer. As hard as it is to believe, some people don't care for me, neither.
    Homer: No, I won't accept that.
    Moe: No, it's true. I got their names written down right here on what I call my, uh, "enemies list." [reaches under the bar for a sheet of paper]
    Barney: [takes list and reads it] Jane Fonda, Daniel Schorr, Jack Anderson... Hey! This is Richard Nixon's enemies list! You just crossed out his name and put yours!
    Moe: Okay, gimme that, gimme it back. [takes list and writes] Barney Gumble.
    Barney: Aw...
    Lenny: Everybody makes mistakes. That's why they put erasers on pencils!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Just ordered one, too good a price to miss.

donmeister wrote: »
    Hello Komplett employee

Good informative reply. Thanks for your effort. Obviously you had a bad experience and I was asking in case I ran into the same situation.

FYI: Getting up there in years, 72 this year, and as far as I can remember, never been an employee of Komplett. Been retired 16 years going on 17, I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

A more pertinent question would be when did you last place an order with komplett?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭Wats_in_a_name

Just to add I have used Komplett around 5 times in last 2 years and never had a problem. Even with the item I needed to return.

hp or lenovo? which is better

Onikage wrote: »
    A more pertinent question would be when did you last place an order with komplett?

March 13, 2010 - Media computer parts
    Nov 9, 2010 - Samsung Monitor
    Nov 27, 2010 - New build computer parts
    Core i7 950, SSD drive, 8GB memory chips, Lian Li Case & Cosair PSU

No problems with orders/shipment notifications/delivery.

Have they fallen apart since Nov of last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

How does the HP compare to a Samsung N510?

• Advertisement

A quick update on my HP Mini 110 purchase:
    1. Ordered from Komplett on Monday, delivered by An Post courier Friday; Was able to track & trace shipping.
    2. Dutch settings as default so had to set up as English(Irl) and haven't managed to sort out " & @ which are set as per European keyboard.
    3. The volume setting is in Dutch and I haven't managed to reset to English but not really a problem as there is a numerical indication of volume (0-100) level.
    3. As received battery indicated a 30% charge and I got 4 hours out of that. 6 cell battery included and unlike the original 6 cell provided in earlier models it fits flat into netbook. Some older reviews complained that bottom of netbook was tilted due to the older 6 cell battery been proud of housing.
    Battery life 6 hrs + according to various reviews.
    4. With installed 1 GB ram it seems as fast as my old HP compaq 2510p compact notebook which was about 5 times the price 3 years ago.
    5. Build quality good, keyboard and touchpad feel robust.
    6. Comes with 60 days trials of Norton (I have already stuck AVG on it) and MS Office 2007.
    7. Built-in loudspeaker is only Mono but stereo possible via headphone jack.

Lenovo and Hp are the Volvos and VWs (respectively) of the computer world. Solid, reliable not spectacular but get the job done.
    As I said in an earlier post I did have some concerns with Komplett and certainly there appears to be a lot of issues with them if you have a problem. However to date I am very pleased with my purchase.
    HTH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

on the hp does full microsoft office come with it? i am a student so if it doesnt where could i get it for cheap office 2003 would be fine as i have a update cd to bring it up to office 2007

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Have ordered a few items recently (MSI Netbook, 2x Samsung TVs) through Komplett and had no issue, grand to pick up in Blanch.

so shich to pick, cant decide ? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

hp bargain..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 376 ✭✭laughter189

tech wrote: »
    hp or lenovo? which is better

hp - imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

That HP looks a bargain. Does anyone know if its possible to add Android as a dual boot option?

The HP has increased €21 since yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Have used komplett a good few times for some items and never had a problem.

Even when I had a DOA keyboard I bought off them getting a new one was no issue and was resolved quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

kc66 wrote: »
    The HP has increased €21 since yesterday.

Yeah I emailed them yesterday to see how long the price would continue and they replied saying the hp offer was over. Didn't ask about the other one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

tech wrote: »

I managed to get the HP mini 110 at the €188 price, ordered it on monday and was delivered yesterday by an post.

Very happy with it so far, good first impressions, i've used it about 4 hrs and still 26% remaining so great battery and it's pretty quick.

thanks a mill Tech for the heads up and the rest of ye's for your useful info and comments:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

Yeah I emailed them yesterday to see how long the price would continue and they replied saying the hp offer was over. Didn't ask about the other one.

Now it's €212, another sneaky 3 euro on to the price.

my sister is keen to buy it but she's hoping it will go back down to the €180's again

Prob wishful thinking??

and I missed ordering mine for 188 :( grrrrrrrr

I got it for €188 too. Great bargain. Nice netbook. I like the feature where it can boot into a HP interface to access the internet and it comes on immediately. Saves waiting for windows to boot if you only need it to quickly browse.

Quite happy with purchase, would advise spending the €30 or so to upgrade ram to 2GB. Also the MS Office provided is not a trial but a stripped down version of Word, Excel.. and will probably be sufficient for needs of most.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Conchurl wrote: »
    on the hp does full microsoft office come with it? i am a student so if it doesnt where could i get it for cheap office 2003 would be fine as i have a update cd to bring it up to office 2007

Just to note, they don't have cd drives, so that upgrade will be inconvenient. And the keyboards aren't great for full time typing. I couldn't recommend one for a primary college computer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

mawk wrote: »
    Just to note, they don't have cd drives, so that upgrade will be inconvenient. And the keyboards aren't great for full time typing. I couldn't recommend one for a primary college computer

the hp or any netbook?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Noggle

holly8 wrote: »
    what are komplett like to do purchase from? what is weight & battery life of HP machine? thx

Wouldn't go near them if I were you virtually zero customer service. Patchy replies to emails at best no telephone service always trying to blame you on some technicality or another like not having the right customer ID or some such. Wouldn’t touch them with the proverbial.

Komplett have the HP Mini 110 back on offer for €199

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

not bad, note that it says us keyboard layout.

Advertisement