Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jobs

Options
  • 01-04-2011 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭

Any jobs going in the city atm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

Evelynmc wrote: »
    Any jobs going in the city atm?
    nawtin a stil looking meself lol the kittens are still safe lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

I know a few lads who started in bausch and lomb, of you know anyone out there have them put on a word for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Celtec or however you spell it where taking people on lately

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Is it Keltech or something Seany? Or though I could be wrong. There is another thread with local jobs I must say it to the othe Mods about maybe making it a sticky as it's dropped down in recent weeks.

Anyway, O'Neills by the tower are looking someone part-time and Hasbro will be taking on for the summer in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Yeah Bausch & Lomb are (or were at least) taking on about 60 people but I think it's just weekend work. Working out there myself and things seem to be picking up.
    Was asked the other day if I knew of anyone that has a degree/qualifications in lab work/analytical work (chemistry/science that kind of stuff) so if anyone does and would be interested drop me a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,771 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Cake Man wrote: »
    Yeah Bausch & Lomb are (or were at least) taking on about 60 people but I think it's just weekend work. Working out there myself and things seem to be picking up.
    Was asked the other day if I knew of anyone that has a degree/qualifications in lab work/analytical work (chemistry/science that kind of stuff) so if anyone does and would be interested drop me a PM.

They've taken on people across all shifts, not just weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

Newsagents/sweet shop beside the lombard st chipper have a sign up for a part time job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

I heard B&L stopped taking cv's about two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

the new supermarket (I can't remember the name) out on the Cork road where Bolands was near Kingsmeadow had a notice up in the window advertising part time shop assistants positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Godsentme

My thread Jobs in Waterford is covering this subject very well. loads of jobs posted over the last year, thank you all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055875961

Anyone know what exactly are the hours on the B&L weekend shift? 2 x 12 hr shifts, rotating days / nights? Are you ever asked to stay on for overtime, asked to come in during the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055875961

Anyone know what exactly are the hours on the B&L weekend shift? 2 x 12 hr shifts, rotating days / nights? Are you ever asked to stay on for overtime, asked to come in during the week?
    9 till 9. Nights one week days the next

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

quick question guys,how do u apply for job in B&L just drop in a cv or ....?

B and L have stopped accepting CVs so I assume they are recruiting from their stockpile of CVs ATM.

I have also heard that factory experience is the main criteria for getting considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

JPA wrote: »
    B and L have stopped accepting CVs so I assume they are recruiting from their stockpile of CVs ATM.

I have also heard that factory experience is the main criteria for getting considered.
    I worked out there for about 10 years and it's not a bad place to work, the only thing that killed me was the shift work, I couldn't do it anymore so I left with a package. Shift work is fine for some but not for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Damien tiernan is on his way to Waterford...apparently covering an announcement about B&L tomorrow. A good one apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Damien tiernan is on his way to Waterford...apparently covering an announcement about B&L tomorrow. A good one apparently.

The company CEO Brent Saunders is over for tomorrow so there's a lot of media going to be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

200motels wrote: »
    I worked out there for about 10 years and it's not a bad place to work, the only thing that killed me was the shift work, I couldn't do it anymore so I left with a package. Shift work is fine for some but not for others.

Same as myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

any update on the big announcement ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭Bards

extract from http://www.rte.ie/news/2011/0406/jobs.html

Elsewhere, Bausch + Lomb, one of the biggest employers in the southeast, is investing €70m in expanding it's facility in Waterford.

It is one of the biggest eye-care companies in the world, with manufacturing factories in its home base of the US, as well as other European countries and Asia.

It came to Waterford more than 30 years ago and there were fears over the past two years of further job losses to its current workforce of 1,100.

But visiting the Waterford site this afternoon, the company CEO Brent Saunders has announced a $100m investment in the factory, including a big extension.

100 jobs will be generated in construction and while not many new jobs will be created long term, the investment should help safeguard current employment levels at the facility where contact lenses and other ophthalmic products are made.

The new investment will also allow for increased production

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

sound

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Lady Thor

JPA wrote: »
    They've taken on people across all shifts, not just weekends

Would you have an email address or any contact information for the labs in Bausch&lomb???

Lady Thor wrote: »

Would you have an email address or any contact information for the labs in Bausch&lomb???

You have to just apply via HR.

Advertisement