Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Regional Hospital carpark. I am Fuming!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

id be interested in knowing which one it was, ive had a run in with some of them before all in the same few days all because they were being inconsiderate ***** at a really delicate time. only for i wouldnt stand for it they had to back down, there was no use them threatening me cause im bigger than them :D. however they were really horrible to my mam, and changed their tune when my brother showed up. ah no youre mistaken etc. maybe theyre more horrible to women than men?going on their little powertrips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭calerbass

snuggles09 wrote: »
    I didnt ask the name of who i spoke to but when the nurse was on the phone she asked for a name but he just talked over her..i'm not letting this one drop it's terrible they can treat people this way

Hi there, i would like sincerely sympathise with the way you were treated by that security officer at WRH.

The lady in charge of the security in WRH works for an outside security company called Secureway, they have offices in Bunclody and Dublin.

They were responsible for getting rid of 10 security officers in 2006 at short notice and bringing in their own which were all east european at dirt cheap rates,worker displacement its called, they then eventually had to get rid of the and look for irish staff because of language difficulties,so now they cant get proper security officers to do the job, what they are doing is hiring any joe soap and getting the licence for them etc because the pay there is mickey mouse so basically WRH are getting what their paying for which is mickey mouse security from a mickey mouse security company.

The night that happened or you could still do it....is report it to the night sister who is on, she is the boss of the hospital at night time.

You should then look for the security officer,s name and his licence number which will be on the badge he or she is supposed to wear so as the public can see it. He will be required by law to give you this so as you can make a complaint if you still wish to do so.

About the carpark barrier controls, yes they certainly do have the controls in front of them in both the front and back security offices to leave up the barriers so their were no need to do what he done and he could have raised the barrier for you.

All the security staff there are probably not all bad but their is no doubt that they have a right clown working with them and he will be more a liability to them then a benefit.In my view he should be removed from there altogether.

In relation to the clamping there also, its the security officers that tip off the guy in the van to come and clamp cars that they want clamped,they scan the grounds with the cameras looking for likely victims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

I have had a run in with those pricks too. My ticket wouldn't work and they were the most unhelpful shower of bastards that I have ever encountered. They would only lift the barrier after I refused to move my car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

snuggles it's dreadful the way you were treated.

I live in Viewmount towards the front of the estate and there are a lot of people coming into the place to park and go across to the hospital, unfortunately some people are parking in a dangerous manner and others parking across peoples driveways or making it very tight and dangerous for some residents to get out of their driveways. The gardai are monitoring it and there are discussions going on about having double yellow lines put down on both sides of the road at the top that leads to the green and also down the front roads.

snuggles you're more than welcome to park in my drive and if it's late at night I don't mind popping across and collecting you so you're not putting yourself at risk walking over on your own, just pm me if you want my details. You don't need that sort of sh1te treatment when you've got a sick child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Thanks everyone.on my phone so can't go back the way but thank you to the lady who offered her drive way.i spoke to a lovely security man today who confirmed barrier can be lifted and gave me his bosses name.parked at glanbia this morning and walked.no sign me getting out of here yet but won't use car park at all from now on my

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

You paid your money - therefore you had a contract with the Hospital to let you come and go for 48 hours. Their security stopped you from doing this.

I would sue their asses off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

deisemum wrote: »

I live in Viewmount towards the front of the estate and there are a lot of people coming into the place to park and go across to the hospital, unfortunately some people are parking in a dangerous manner and others parking across peoples driveways or making it very tight and dangerous for some residents to get out of their driveways. The gardai are monitoring it and there are discussions going on about having double yellow lines put down on both sides of the road at the top that leads to the green and also down the front roads.

snuggles you're more than welcome to park in my drive and if it's late at night I don't mind popping across and collecting you so you're not putting yourself at risk walking over on your own, just pm me if you want my details. You don't need that sort of sh1te treatment when you've got a sick child.

I'd just like to make a note at how nice an offer that is to someone whom is essentially a complete stranger. With all the trolling, Bitching and moaning you see on Boards it's easy to forget how nice people can be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Really nice offer. And just to add, I know snuggles well, and she's lovely :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

snuggles im sorry to hear of your treatment but tbh im not in the least bit surprised, ive been out at the hospital all week also,

today i seen a clamper with a clamp in his hand about to clamp a minibus with disabled access stickers all over it, it had parked in a wheelchair zone, just then the driver who was wheelchair bound arrived back, i overheard the clamper saying there was no disabled badge so he was parked illegally, ffs, the mini bus had a movable ramp, and the driver was in an electric wheelchair, what more evidence did he need.

we had to keep walking so i dont know what the outcome was.

also saw several clamped cars during the week. i think its very harsh in a hospital setting, i know people cant just park where they like, but often when you have cause to be out there your mind is not at its best, so a little bit of understanding and compassion goes a long way.
    now, dont even get me started on the visiting time police!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Smiley Burnett

considering some of the issues and problems facing some people in WRH tonight, i think a dodgy parking ticket should be the least of anyone's problems/worries!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭panevthe3rd

@smiley I think the point is that for the people facing such issues and problems then the last thing they need is to go through so much hassle when they are trying to get home. maybe I misread you though and thats what you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

considering some of the issues and problems facing some people in WRH tonight, i think a dodgy parking ticket should be the least of anyone's problems/worries
    And your point is?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

He's just trying to be a smartass. Happens a lot on boards. People going against the grain for the sake of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

considering some of the issues and problems facing some people in WRH tonight, i think a dodgy parking ticket should be the least of anyone's problems/worries!

trust me kid, there is nothing worse than having a tough day in that hospital and then having to come out to deal with WRH security over a parking ticket. Some of them are incredibility ignorant and unprofessional to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

We should set up a vigilante group and go see that security guy and get justice for Snuggles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

You have perfectly illustrated my point regarding deisemum's post. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭Ironbar

What you need is a chainsaw. I would just cut the barrier off.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭the roo

i had a similair experience with the multi pass tickey last year. firstly i went to the security hut at A and E and got the name of the ignorant security guard who spoke to me like a piece of trash and then i verbally laid into him. then i went to the security office at the main entrance and the head of it a woman dont start me on what i would call her. I let loose and refused to leave the office until she resolved my problems and into it i got another free weekly pass for the following week off her. they are all a bunch of little power trippers and unfortunaly the only way is to have it out stand your ground and refuse to accept anything off them only what is right and fair because they will only try and dismiss you.
    secondly a letter outlining your treatment to hospital mangement with their names included is also no harm.
    Do not let them get away with it and it is time the problem with these people there is publicy highlighted in the media. they are a little swarm of bullies picking on people at their lowest. Brave out or what !

The right thing to do if it happens to anyone again, is drive up to the barrier and block it with your car and refuse to move it until they lift the barrier.
    No need to be scared of them ignorant bullies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Home again at long last!:) Thanks very much to Deisemum who offered her driveway. I know I said it before but I wasn't able to see who had said it as I was using my phone so thanks again it was a lovely offer and gesture:)

I am writing a letter of complaint tomorrow got the security manager in the hospital. will let you know how i get on:)

• Advertisement

Hope you get your answers Snuggles, and that shower get taken down a peg or two.

How is your daughter?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

Snuggles09.

Its terrible that you have been treated like that!!! First off i must say it sounds like you have a had a ruff time with them. I would suggest if you are writing a letter that you do the following:

Write two letters both the same, identify what happened that you were made walk in the dark and put yourself in a potentially dangerous situation due to the rudeness and improper conduct. Also, give your contact details.

Request that you would like to have a written response stating what disciplinary action will / has been taken against the security guard in question and what actions will be taken to ensure that honest waterford people are being treated with such inappropriate manners.

Also request that, if they are not going to take any action are they condoning the improper treatment of people visiting the hospital. Also state that you will be sending the response on to the said editor etc.

When you have written and signed both (its important you sign them), go to a local garda barracks and ask the garda on duty to read and sign the back to identify them as being the same.

Next address one to the head of WRH with a cover cover stating that you sending the other to the producer of the Joe Duffy show (or the editor of a newspaper etc of your choice), next register both letters and send them. (this is to avoid them deny receipt of the letter)

I know this sounds like an overly strong response but you need to ensure that they take a response and will follow up with regards your complaint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 403 ✭✭Mysterious&Shy

deisemum wrote: »

That is just so lovely of you! Well done you!

Hope that your child is doing better snuggles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

@Kracken, good idea but:
    Request that you would like to have a written response stating what disciplinary action will / has been taken against the security guard in question and what actions will be taken to ensure that honest waterford people are being treated with such inappropriate manners.

No business would ever comment on what action they will take with an employee other than 'this will be handled internally in accordance with our company policies'. The employee could argue slander in extreme cases if their record was discussed before a full investigation and appeal is carried out.

I have written a few replies to letter like the OP will be sending, in my time!

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

@wmpdd3

I suppose what the purpose of this is to ensure that they do something, for example if they give a response as you say, it will still mean that the security guards knows that their has been a major reaction to his improper conduct.

This would mean that the hospital has to apporach the security company and question the incident. Even if Snuggles09 gets that response it will still cause some sort of investigation as the hospital will need to be as transperant as possible.

But I appreciate the feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭Deisekickboxing

Free parking behind belissmo in the half finished carpark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

You should write to Patricia Sullivan, Manager, Waterford Regional Hospital, Dunmore Rd., Waterford setting out as you have here, and copy your missive to Sean Swift, Chairperson, Peoples Forum at the same address. What you have described is nothing short of disgraceful. Some of these security guys would make car clampers look like angels. QUOTE]

The clampers @ WRH are unbeliveably ignorant to deal with. Back in October I had to drop a letter into Reception & parked in a drop off parking spot (NOT a disabled spot). I was 3/4 mins max. Imagine my horror when I came out & saw a van parked in front of my car & a guy putting a clamp on my car! He had plastered a sticker on my window with a time of clamping 12.15pm even though it was only 12.10pm! I pointed this out to him & he replied "you were parked here for about 20mins!". At this my frustration turned to anger as he handed me my fine & said "its E100.00 to remove it, the number to call to release it is on the back or you can pay me now. Your choice. Im going on lunch now & won't be back for at least an hour an a half. What to do want to do?". Reluctantly I decided to go get the money at the ATM rather than sit in my car for 2hrs. The guy has to be the most ignorant person I have ever met. They must be on some kind of commission. Since then I've heard they also patrol the Railway station & just drive between there & WRH just trying to clamp people. What a great way to spend your life!

The clampers @ WRH are unbeliveably ignorant to deal with. Back in October I had to drop a letter into Reception & parked in a drop off parking spot (NOT a disabled spot). I was 3/4 mins max. Imagine my horror when I came out & saw a van parked in front of my car & a guy putting a clamp on my car! He had plastered a sticker on my window with a time of clamping 12.15pm even though it was only 12.10pm! I pointed this out to him & he replied "you were parked here for about 20mins!". At this my frustration turned to anger as he handed me my fine & said "its E100.00 to remove it, the number to call to release it is on the back or you can pay me now. Your choice. Im going on lunch now & won't be back for at least an hour an a half. What to do want to do?". Reluctantly I decided to go get the money at the ATM rather than sit in my car for 2hrs. The guy has to be the most ignorant person I have ever met. They must be on some kind of commission. Since then I've heard they also patrol the Railway station & just drive between there & WRH just trying to clamp people. What a great way to spend your life!

What a shower of w**kers!! where the hell was going on a hour and half lunch break? did you try and pull him up on the time been wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

To be honest I would have stood my ground as he was in the wrong. Ignorant shower of B*****ds!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

STIG83 wrote: »
    What a shower of w**kers!! where the hell was going on a hour and half lunch break? did you try and pull him up on the time been wrong?

Yes I did but he basically said it was his word against mine. I could have appealed it but I doubt very much if I would have gotten any satisfaction. Plus there was a E25.00 fee for appeals!

Advertisement