Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Regional Hospital carpark. I am Fuming!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I dont see why they should make peoples life a misery especially in a hospital!! its bad enough on people going in to see loved ones if they are sick and to be worrying bout their car at the same time.

Yes I did but he basically said it was his word against mine. I could have appealed it but I doubt very much if I would have gotten any satisfaction. Plus there was a E25.00 fee for appeals!

You should have stood in front of his van and refuse to move or better still sit up on the bonnet til he co operates.
    It infuriates me to think these kind of people are out there, now clampers are top of my hate list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

Hi all, I've written to <snip> the security manager in WRH and also sent a copy to <snip> in Bunclody who is her boss again. I rang Secureway and the girl was lovely and told me who to contact. I have left my address as the only point of contact so that way they will haev to write back to me in response so I will have a record. Am sending both in the morning via registered post. Will keep ye posted:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Joey leBlanc

STIG83 wrote: »
    You should have stood in front of his van and refuse to move or better still sit up on the bonnet til he co operates.
    It infuriates me to think these kind of people are out there, now clampers are top of my hate list.

Sure I thought about it & it would have been very easy to lose my head
    but for once experience thought me to pay up rather than cause a scene. Whatever you might think I would have never had won the argument. WRH would be on his side. The Gardai would have undoubtedly been called & I would have wasted most of my day! Anyway I got refunded the E100 from
    work.
    Thinking about it at the time I reckon people do abandon their cars because a relative/loved one has been rushed to WRH & they need to see that person a.s.a.p. When they return to their cars in an emotional state the last thing they want to see is a clamp!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

I must put my clamp (I have it for when I leave the trailer unattended) in the car next time I go to the hospital.

If I catch them clamping me I'll clamp them. Then see what happens.

A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭cococoady

alinton wrote: »
    I must put my clamp (I have it for when I leave the trailer unattended) in the car next time I go to the hospital.

A.

You should clamp urself.

Ya can't get clamped twice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

A.
    Hahaha that be some laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

cococoady wrote: »
    You should clamp urself.

Ya can't get clamped twice :D
    You'd need 4 clamps :p

(actually, just realised that two will do as they're not allowed clamp the passenger side)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

A.

You would be a legend.

There was a discussion about this on the legal discussion forum a while ago, I'm sure if you have a search you'll find it. But if I remember correctly, the legal position is that you can remove the clamp yourself if you have the tools or know someone with adequate tools and then have them try and bill you for the trouble going down the legal route.

Also, Joey le Blanc this will probably make you angrier but a friend of mine told me he witnessed an incident first hand at WRH involving clamping. He said 2 vans belonging to travellers were parked wrongly and were clamped, when the travellers came back they refused to pay and threatened the clampers, Gardai were called and Gardai advised the clampers to release the 2 vans for the safety and convenience of everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

Dan133269 wrote: »
    You would be a legend.

There was a discussion about this on the legal discussion forum a while ago, I'm sure if you have a search you'll find it. But if I remember correctly, the legal position is that you can remove the clamp yourself if you have the tools or know someone with adequate tools and then have them try and bill you for the trouble going down the legal route.

Also, Joey le Blanc this will probably make you angrier but a friend of mine told me he witnessed an incident first hand at WRH involving clamping. He said 2 vans belonging to travellers were parked wrongly and were clamped, when the travellers came back they refused to pay and threatened the clampers, Gardai were called and Gardai advised the clampers to release the 2 vans for the safety and convenience of everyone.

Oh My FCUKN God! You must be jokin....first they let their horses run wild inHillview and then the have the Gardai protetin em when they are caught.....Eire has become a third world country FFS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Kracken

you will be happy to see that they are regulating private clamping companys and the conditions and conduct by which they operate

Hey OP, any joy with the security staff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭snuggles09

no nothing yet, i've sent the letter so just a waiting game now. was back out there again last night and my back was broken carrying her up from the car park but i'd no choice, even though i said i'd never park in there again there was no way i could carry her from across by Lidl or anything when she's sick and she couldnt walk so i had to suck it up and park in the car park. i didnt want to chance the 15 mins emergency set down when i knew i'd be a lot longer and just couldnt face an argument with them. will let ye know when/if i hear anything back:)

snuggles09 wrote: »
    no nothing yet, i've sent the letter so just a waiting game now. was back out there again last night and my back was broken carrying her up from the car park but i'd no choice, even though i said i'd never park in there again there was no way i could carry her from across by Lidl or anything when she's sick and she couldnt walk so i had to suck it up and park in the car park. i didnt want to chance the 15 mins emergency set down when i knew i'd be a lot longer and just couldnt face an argument with them. will let ye know when/if i hear anything back:)

Hope you get your answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

snuggles09 wrote: »

Funny you mention those emergency parking spaces, I was at anti-natal classes in the hospital.

The midwife said to park in those spaces outside A&E and give your keys to the 'lovely' security men and they will park your car for you if you are in imminent danger of delivering.

She def said lovely! We both remember her saying it!

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Funny you mention those emergency parking spaces, I was at anti-natal classes in the hospital.

The midwife said to park in those spaces outside A&E and give your keys to the 'lovely' security men and they will park your car for you if you are in imminent danger of delivering.

Get the midwife to read this thread and she wont be long changing her mind!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

was that today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Only time ive ever had any dealing with them was when I was in A+E with a neck injury from a game in Waterpark. Drove up to A+E(yes i know it was a 2minute drive though :) ), parked the car in the space out side. They came in and asked if i was driving it and because by that time I was in a neck brace they moved the car for me and dropped the keys back over to me. When the car was being picked up they pointed out on the cameras where it was etc - pretty sound i thought............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I've been discussing the treatment snuggles endured with some hospital staff and not one of them had anything positive to say about them, in fact the language used was extremely colourful.

was that today?

No Aug 5th 2010.

• Advertisement

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Only time ive ever had any dealing with them was when I was in A+E with a neck injury from a game in Waterpark. Drove up to A+E(yes i know it was a 2minute drive though :) ), parked the car in the space out side. They came in and asked if i was driving it and because by that time I was in a neck brace they moved the car for me and dropped the keys back over to me. When the car was being picked up they pointed out on the cameras where it was etc - pretty sound i thought............

Is that office beside A&E the main security office?

Or is there another office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

Is that office beside A&E the main security office?

Or is there another office.

Its just as you come in the door into A+E. To be honest i thought that was the only one????

Sorry to bump this, just watching the Consumer Show on RTE One, there is a part about paying for parking in hospitals around the country, it said WRH made €1.2 million on parking last year!! CUH made €2.4 million last year too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

its great to see that WRH is utilizing its resources to raise the the said profits, an operation like WRH needs income and finance to drive its functions so I can see no problem with paying for parking for what is an essential service which needs every bit of funding it gets.... If people cannot use the carpark properly that is there own problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭chelloveks

its great to see that WRH is utilizing its resources to raise the the said profits, an operation like WRH needs income and finance to drive its functions so I can see no problem with paying for parking for what is an essential service which needs every bit of funding it gets.... If people cannot use the carpark properly that is there own problem.

Even if it's a car park staffed by heartless goons! They need to have a little common sense!...and use it!

chelloveks wrote: »
    Even if it's a car park staffed by heartless goons! They need to have a little common sense!...and use it!

they should get a couple of Chimps and train them up to patrol the place.... theres enough of em using it

Were really beginning to notice alot of cars left at the Frisby carpark Ardkeen retail park for a few hours.

Less so last year, but this year nearly every car between the valets and the petrol station seems to be there for 1-4hrs.

Were really beginning to notice alot of cars left at the Frisby carpark Ardkeen retail park for a few hours.

Less so last year, but this year nearly every car between the valets and the petrol station seems to be there for 1-4hrs.

alot of people parking in Tesco aswell and walking down.... I think Ardkeens car park can get oversubscribed at the best of times so I don't think its fair on them having to act as an unofficial 2nd hospital car park, do they clamp?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 morebarn

Yeah, they do clamp in Ardkeen shopping centre car park. You get 2hrs. free parking as a customer. Its patrolled fairly tightly, your Reg.no. recorded and if you overstay ,you are clamped. The staff in the premises there have to pay also. Its E5 a day now, so a lot of them have migrated up to Frisbys car park. This is currently free of charge, but will not remain that way once he gets his Planning Permission for use as a Car Park sorted out.

Have seen workers cars in the shopping centre being clamped, so I wouldnt take any chances there myself !

• Advertisement

alot of people parking in Tesco aswell and walking down.... I think Ardkeens car park can get oversubscribed at the best of times so I don't think its fair on them having to act as an unofficial 2nd hospital car park, do they clamp?

As moreban said. The car park at Ardkeen stores does have clamping but Frisby's carpark at Tesco doesn't....YET.

There is usually plenty of room in the Tesco one but If Frisby can make money out of I'm sure they will.

Advertisement