Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Part time master in business/managment area

Options
  • 01-04-2011 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi Folks

Im interested in doing a masters in the business/management area and am looking for a bit of guidance!

Im 26yrs old and have been working in the Insurance/Financial Services industry more or less since leaving school, so I do not have a degree. I went to college (DIT) after lc, but the course was not for me and I left after a year

Since then I have worked my way up the ladder so to speak, starting out in a hum drum job in a life assurance company. From there I completed my QFA (Diploma) and became a financial advisor. From being a financial advisor I joined a Financial services company in the IFSC.
    The company i currently work for is a funds and offshore bonds multinational, where I am a senior dealer and moving shortly into middle management. I have also completed a dip in Stockbroking Investment in DBS.

I hope thats enough background..

Basically hoping to do a masters part time, but my first question is, what are the chances of being accepted with that level of experience/lack of degree?
    Secondly, can anyone recommend a good part time masters? Ideally i'd like to do it in City Centre, or Smurfit

But most importantly before I start looking seriously, id like to know my odds of getting a place!

Any help/comment is highly appreciated!!

Advertisement