Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Badly marked football pitches

Options
  • 01-04-2011 10:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

While viewing some football pitches in the local parks on google maps with streetview or google earth, i decided to check out other pitches at random around dublin.

to my surprise it is actually common-place to find very badly marked pitches. well known clubs and well known parks are all victim to this kind of shenanigans.

the worse i have seen has to be brickfields park dublin 12 and greenhills park

i would like to see other pitches and see can we vote on the worse.

i sure do hope people are not paid for this work

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Stojkovic

Call yourself a footyfan ?

The majority of football pitches are marked (some badly) for free by volunteers.

A small number may pay someone to do it, I know it happens in Corkagh Pk.

I will be marking a pitch tomorrow (giving up two hours of a Sunday for free) if you want to come down and inspect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 turbotomie

Yes i have seen some badly marked football pitches. a bit of rope can make a straight line

Advertisement