Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Da Mario restaurant Celbridge

Options
  • 01-04-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭

Just wondering has anyone dined there since it reopened?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Just wondering has anyone dined there since it reopened?

It has reopened? Same location?
    The take away pizza isn't bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭kildarecommuter

tried it out for mothers day lunch today,menu has changed a bit but food still good they were giving 10% off bill for mothers day.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Wouldn't eat there again.
    Once was more than enough - the service was very poor. Long waiting times (place not even full).
    Food was only ok. Nothing special.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Ro Rogers

Just had dinner in Da Mario, Celbridge. Since re-opening their menu fantastic, service is welcoming, hospitable. Their range of gluten free is incredible, GF Pizza is best I've ever had :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Ciarachino

Hi all.

Wasnt mad about this place in the past! Found the food boring!!! We ate their recently and it was great! Major improvement - Jnr loved his pizza!!! Found out after that they have a new head chef - signed him from Little Ceasers in the city centre!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Ro Rogers wrote: »
    Just had dinner in Da Mario, Celbridge. Since re-opening their menu fantastic, service is welcoming, hospitable. Their range of gluten free is incredible, GF Pizza is best I've ever had :D

Welcome Mr Mario ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭2011abc

This is a new favourite of ours !Theyre clearly 'adopting' the da Vincis, family friendly approach with the balloons , colouring in for kids etc .Two or three course special 13.95/16.95 ...Staff (all male ,front of house, any time Ive been there although there seem to be one or two female chefs)are VERY professional and friendly .Actually getting better every visit and have been three or four times in last couple of months !Was thinking the last time I was there that its very like an italian bistro IN ITALY!Cant really get higher praise than that!

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Was in on Friday evening and very Friendly indeed, nice grub and left smiling.

SQ2 wrote: »
    Was in on Friday evening and very Friendly indeed, nice grub and left smiling.

Ate there on Tuesday night first time in many many months new staff and menu food was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rubiini

We really wanted to find a good Italian locallly and tried Da Mario about two months ago.
    Ordered in - two pizzas for adults and meatball spagetti for our son. Pizzas were ok'ish but our son loved the meatballs.
    So ordered again about week later, now both my husband and son got the meatballs and I went for the lasange. Now the meatballs were so spicey that my son could not eat them and my husband could just parely touch his. This time lasange was excellent...

Cant really use them again as I cannot be sure of the quality ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

I can't understand why some places add so much spice to foods and not mention it. I'm always wary of spices as they are mainly used in hot countries where food can go off more quickly and they are used to mask problems.

Rubiini wrote: »
    We really wanted to find a good Italian locallly and tried Da Mario about two months ago.
    Ordered in - two pizzas for adults and meatball spagetti for our son. Pizzas were ok'ish but our son loved the meatballs.
    So ordered again about week later, now both my husband and son got the meatballs and I went for the lasange. Now the meatballs were so spicey that my son could not eat them and my husband could just parely touch his. This time lasange was excellent...

In fairness Ithink if you get take away the food is prepared in the take away section not same chef as dining in.
    Would agree though as don't bother ordering take away either due to inconsistency of quality

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

Errrr no, not really.
    Spices are not used to mask problems. If thats what you've experienced, I'd hate to know where you've been eating :p
    I can appreciate that spiced food not everyone's cup of tea, but to say that they're used to mask problems is wrong.

Spices are used to enhance flavour of food. I've travelled extensively, and I've developed a taste for Middle Eastern/ Arabic cuisine with lots of spices, flavours and texture..... (I don't eat dodgy food).
    Its become so part of my life that I really can't take the bland Uk/Irish cuisine (its a bit of a generalisation but you get the picture) any more. I just find it rather tasteless.

Having said that, I won't go into Mario's. Went there once (a little while ago) - one time too many, as far as I am concerned.
    Joe Public wrote: »
    I can't understand why some places add so much spice to foods and not mention it. I'm always wary of spices as they are mainly used in hot countries where food can go off more quickly and they are used to mask problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭Joe Public

Maybe I was a little heavy on the reason for spices but I still think they can be over used. People can get used to spices and develop a taste for them and think food is very bland when missing. To go back to basics, why do people put salt on chips? is it because they like salt or the combination? or can they not taste chips as they are?

One thing I hate is when I accidently eat a chilli in a dish and then can't taste anything for the next 15 minutes due to a burning mouth sensation.

I do wonder sometimes if people can actually know what they are eating when many spices are used in a meal as the taste of the main ingredients can be overpowered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 damario

Rubiini wrote: »

da mario restaurant here.....please could you contact us......
    thank you very much

• Registered Users Posts: 2 damario

Italia wrote: »
    Errrr no, not really.
    Spices are not used to mask problems. If thats what you've experienced, I'd hate to know where you've been eating :p
    I can appreciate that spiced food not everyone's cup of tea, but to say that they're used to mask problems is wrong.

Spices are used to enhance flavour of food. I've travelled extensively, and I've developed a taste for Middle Eastern/ Arabic cuisine with lots of spices, flavours and texture..... (I don't eat dodgy food).
    Its become so part of my life that I really can't take the bland Uk/Irish cuisine (its a bit of a generalisation but you get the picture) any more. I just find it rather tasteless.

Having said that, I won't go into Mario's. Went there once (a little while ago) - one time too many, as far as I am concerned.
    hi da mario here......could you contact us.....we don't remember to have
    killed anyone in the restaurant.......thank you

Advertisement