Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hydraulic prob

• 01-04-2011 11:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Hi all
    Just a quick question for ye.
    Using my Zetor for hydraulic opening and closing on spreader.
    the hydraulics are working spot on as it is doing the job but when i push lever in cab down to close spreader, the lever will come back up slightly and open again. only way it stay shut is holding lever down which i am afraid will balls up the hyd pump.
    Anyone any ideas whats wrong. Seems like I am doing something basic wrong but cant see what.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

give a bit more information please and we see can we help ya......what kind of a spreader r u using???? is there on or two pipes going to the hyd ram ur having a prop with....first thing that comes to mind is that by u moving the lever is ur putting lever into float and gravity or spring pressure is working the ram and when u let lever go it springs back to pumping position and moves the ram again......is there a neutral position on the lever u can move lever into?????? is this the only machine that u have this problem with....will it tip trailer and work a hydraulic toplink ok????? ask any questions ya want.....they all help to understand ur problem....if ya figure it out let us know....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

TUBBY wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just a quick question for ye.
    Using my Zetor for hydraulic opening and closing on spreader.
    the hydraulics are working spot on as it is doing the job but when i push lever in cab down to close spreader, the lever will come back up slightly and open again. only way it stay shut is holding lever down which i am afraid will balls up the hyd pump.
    Anyone any ideas whats wrong. Seems like I am doing something basic wrong but cant see what.

i think this might have been an issue with some old vicons, is there a set of springs beside the little ram?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭fastrac94

ya same thing,some vicons had return springs and more had an accumalater ball on the ram.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

how ye lads, this is a bogballe krm dz 1 ton. it has a single valve from the hydraulic spring loaded open/ close to the tractor. there are three settings on the tractor itself and i have it in position control rather than mix or draft.

the lever i push is the hydraulic control. when pushed down, it closes the spreader by tensioning the spring and moving spreader handle to 0 position but as soon as i let go myself of lever, it opens back to where i have the spreader set at 2 or 3 etc depending on how many bags per acre. Holding down the lever, there is a pressure against my hand and the hydraulics feel like they are in constant pump.
    I have a tipper and topper that have return valves and they work fine.
    This is the only thing i have with one valve.
    it tried it since in all different outlets but it doesnt work in any other than the one which i am having the prob with.

thanks for the replies so far. i half thoguht it was too much tension on spring but from chatting few lads, they reckon i just havent settings right in tractor yet. not great with hydraulics to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Fastrac94 is right. Pushing the lever to the bottom sends oil to the ram and closes it. When you let go next section on control is float and springs open door. Try pulling lever up fast to jump past float into neutral or else put pipe in return socket and open by pushing lever back. That is my interpretation of hydraulic lever on an 8111, but I have no manual.

• Advertisement
Advertisement