Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entry to Postgrad Medicine...help please!!

Options
  • 02-04-2011 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've recently completed a Masters in Pharmacy and I would love to do Postgrad medicine if possible but don't know how to?

Is there any course that you done have to do the GAMSAT exam for?? Also do graduates from a science background I.e. Pharmacy get any exemptions or anything?

I would really appreciate any help with this

Thanks a million

Cormac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nosilla

Hey Cormac,

You just need a 2.1 in a primary degree from any field. Im planning to do the GAMSATs in September and I've a business and law degree. As far as I know u don't get any exceptions if you've done a science/medical based course but u can get exemptions from doing certain subjects once u start the GEM course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gollygirl

Hi Cormac
    Am wondering how you got on with the application process using a masters in pharmacy, I am in a similar position and want to know how your application process went..technically we carry a higher requirement than an honours degree but I graduated at masters level, so don't know if that will be an issue???Any help/advice would be much appreciated...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Search in the Health Science Ed forum. You'll find lots of people have asked these sorts of questions before.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1274

Advertisement