Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signing off social welfare but four weeks until I get paid.....

• 01-04-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Mods feel free to move this if I`ve put it in the wrong section.

I have been unemployed for a long time and to my delight have recently found a job which I will be starting on moday. Howver I will not be paid anything for four weeks as its on a salary basis.
    Apparantly you are suppossed to sign off the social welfare the minute you start working but if I do this, I will have absolutly nothing to live on for four weeks. I have to feed myself and pay rent and bills etc and have no idea what Im going to do.

I donty want to get myself into trouble but at the same time I realistically cannot go without any source of income for four weeks straight. The job cannot give me an adavance.

What has anyone else done in this situation? Whats the normal procedure? If I sign off can I get anything from the Health Centre until I get paid? I have no savings and have noone to get loans off so please dont suggest this.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Moved from PI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

Yes, the Community Welfare Officer at the Health Centre is the person to go to for help to tide you over till payday. Hope you will be able to manage to get some time off work to do that. Maybe try calling the Health Centre, explaining your situation and asking if possible to make appointment with CWO to save you possibly waiting in line.

You do need to sign off from SW and if your SW office is included in this list, https://www.welfare.ie/EN/ContactUs/Pages/closejobseekerslist1.aspx
    you can sign off online thereby saving yourself need to visit there also.

Best of luck with the new job!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 RRaff

Where u able to find out? I'm in the exact same position only because of the pay date with the new job I'd have to wait almost 5 weeks and like u I can't go that long without any money!!! :(

Advertisement