Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem getting unlock code from Meteor.

Options
  • 02-04-2011 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭

Rang up Meteor a month ago asking for an unlock code for my LG GT540.

They said they hadnt the code on file so needed to get it from the manufacturer, but it'd be "up to 10 working days, but you should have it in 3 days".

Anyway after 2 weeks I rang them again, basically they said it was on order and should arrive anyday - they blamed LG for the delay.

After 3 weeks I rang up and said they had no record of me asking for the code!!! I gave it to them again, and your man assured me I'd have it within 3 days. A week on, and still nothing.
    :mad:

Useless customer service.

Where do I go from here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ask for a supervisor and explain the situation. Follow it up in writing to them, if they cant unlock in the next ten days, you will pay for it to be unlock in an unlock shop and send them the bill or that they can replace your handset with one they are able to unlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Have you tried just putting a different sim in the phone already? most LG phones are already unlocked

Advertisement