Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tumbleweed

Options
  • 02-04-2011 2:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

Been awfully quiet round here lately.

Anyone any ideas to get this forum going?

What about an off topic thread?

Or a different thread with tips and tricks for each DAW?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Clanket wrote: »
    Been awfully quiet round here lately.

Anyone any ideas to get this forum going?

What about an off topic thread?

Or a different thread with tips and tricks for each DAW?

Certainly has been quite. Good ideas, I think an off topic thread should be stickied maybe, otherwise it might disappear into the abyss. Don't think we have a mod here either so we might get away with posting links to cracked software? Kidding

I'm up to my tits in college and work so haven't been getting a chance to go over tunage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Yeh same with myself. Very little time for Production at the moment. Though I'm still spending whatever time I can trying to learn Logic.

What's happened Neuro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Yeh same with myself. Very little time for Production at the moment. Though I'm still spending whatever time I can trying to learn Logic.

What's happened Neuro?

Checking out his facebook and the binary finery thing looks like he's doing a tour of Australia at some trance festivals. Fair play :D

Wasn't he planning on asking someone else to be mod a while back?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I honestly think that most of the regulars on here are "skilled" enough to not have to ask alot of questions to get tracks made,no real newbies looking for advice.

If someone does ask questions they generaly get answers but there hasnt been anything asked in a long time really unfortunately

• Advertisement

True. Any questions I have on Logic I tend to post on logic pro help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Im the same.. Started work late last year and i dont have a min to myself with the kids n all.. usually only weekends lately when i get a chance to hit tunage.. but i have been tipping away i have 5 tracks in the pipeline 3 solo and 2 collabs.. :D

How did the collaborations work Stab City? Two of yous working on the same track separately then deciding which is better?

I'm at a level now that I'm starting to wonder is it better for me to go do a course to move on. I've a Logic book I've been trying to learn from the last year. It's a great book but for some reason whenever I try reading it I open Logic and get sidetracked so much I get nowhere.

Always found it easier to learn by someone else teaching. Then backing it up with books and internet. Am learning Piano at the minute and really feel like I'm getting somewhere because of the structure. You go to a teacher, they teach you, you practice and get better.

Anyone any recommendations or any Logic masters here interested in setting up a course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

How did the collaborations work Stab City? Two of yous working on the same track separately then deciding which is better?

I'm at a level now that I'm starting to wonder is it better for me to go do a course to move on. I've a Logic book I've been trying to learn from the last year. It's a great book but for some reason whenever I try reading it I open Logic and get sidetracked so much I get nowhere.

Always found it easier to learn by someone else teaching. Then backing it up with books and internet. Am learning Piano at the minute and really feel like I'm getting somewhere because of the structure. You go to a teacher, they teach you, you practice and get better.

Anyone any recommendations or any Logic masters here interested in setting up a course?

jtsuited was advertising doing one on one day courses awhile ago - I don't know if he's still doing them but if you pm he'll be able to tell you. His daw of choice is Logic

Advertisement