Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When We Grow... This Is What We Can Do

Options
  • 02-04-2011 2:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭

I don't know where to put this... but the logic is obvious... Christ.

even the first ten minutes I recommend weed prohibitionists watch. you won't though, will you, because your tiny little minds wont allow it.
    :mad::(:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Very good film, sadly any opposition will just go "But....but....its evil and can kill you".

You could post the video in this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055679543 sure a lot of people there would like to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

That really is an excellent film. Unfortunately its hard to change the minds of people who have been fed misinformation for years about the negative effects of cannabis. And as you said, the "anti-cannabis" people probably won't even bother watching it as they have their minds made up and want to bury their head in the sand as usual.

RichieC wrote: »
    even the first ten minutes I recommend weed prohibitionists watch. you won't though, will you, because your tiny little minds wont allow it.
    :mad::(:o

49 mins long, thats why I won't be watching it

nothing to do with the size of my mind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

49 mins long, thats why I won't be watching it

nothing to do with the size of my mind

Ritalin will help you with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Very interesting. Lot of things I didn't know. Well worth a watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

RichieC wrote: »

Oh shut up...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Oh shut up...

He's right though. There is an obvious lack of intelligent logical thinking when it comes to those who are against the legalisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Sisko wrote: »
    He's right though. There is an obvious lack of intelligent logical thinking when it comes to those who are against the legalisation.

I'm for the legalisation, but that type of shit is why I hate people that shove legalisation down my neck. Stains...

Its still the truth though. People are always gonna respond frustratingly so to those who insist on living in pure ignorance.

I'm for the legalisation, but that type of shit is why I hate people that shove legalisation down my neck. Stains...

It was an attempt at reverse psychology.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Stop bickering. Only warning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

I watched the whole thing and am still against legalization for recreational use.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

There are some great points for using Hemp for industrial use, still don't think cannabis should be legalised for smoking though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Doc wrote: »
    I watched the whole thing and am still against legalization for recreational use.
    BizzyC wrote: »
    There are some great points for using Hemp for industrial use, still don't think cannabis should be legalised for smoking though.

Why not? :confused:

The you should be for making alcohol and cigarettes illegal , otherwise your a hypocrite.

Dean09 wrote: »
    Why not? :confused:

Because!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Dr. Baltar

If we legalize weed, next thing you know there will be compulsory abortions and conscription!

The film did touch on the main reason why I am against the legalization of cannabis and that is the mental health issues. I don’t want to get into a discussion regarding why but have actually researched this quite a bit. I would not encourage anyone to use cannabis purely for recreational reasons and do not think it should be legalized for recreational use.

I also thought that the film although well made was one sided regarding who it interviewed. I don’t believe they actual interviewed anyone who was strongly anti legalization. True they made an attempt to have a government spokesperson say something but I’m sure if they tried hard enough they could have found someone.

I came to my decision through research and personal experience. Just because you want me to have a different opinion doesn’t make me a fool I have watched the video and think there should be reforms in the law but not to the extent where it should be legalized for recreational use. This is my opinion I am not forcing you to share it I am only giving it. If there was a vote to legalize the recreational use of cannabis I would vote against it if you would vote for it fair play and let the majority rule.

The film did touch on the main reason why I am against the legalization of cannabis and that is the mental health issues. I don’t want to get into a discussion regarding why but have actually researched this quite a bit. I would not encourage anyone to use cannabis purely for recreational reasons and do not think it should be legalized for recreational use.

I also thought that the film although well made was one sided regarding who it interviewed. I don’t believe they actual interviewed anyone who was strongly anti legalization. True they made an attempt to have a government spokesperson say something but I’m sure if they tried hard enough they could have found someone.

I came to my decision through research and personal experience. Just because you want me to have a different opinion doesn’t make me a fool I have watched the video and think there should be reforms in the law but not to the extent where it should be legalized for recreational use. This is my opinion I am not forcing you to share it I am only giving it. If there was a vote to legalize the recreational use of cannabis I would vote against it if you would vote for it fair play and let the majority rule.

Has making weed illegal helped in anyway? No?
    It has created a deadly black market which is funding terrorism and human trafficking all around the world, while also putting consumers in great peril as the relatively safe drug can be laced with other narcotics.

Think about how much money we would make from tax if the weed was legalized. Think about how much safer the weed would be if it were out of the hands of drug dealers.

Making something illegal simply makes it an expense, makes it far more deadly and it certainly does not deter people from using it.

The fact that it is illegal dose deter people from using it. Do you honestly think that more people would't use or at the very least try it if it was legal? Of course they would. The fact that something is illegal dose deter people from doing it. Sure it wont stop everyone but it will stop lots. Just because it may or may not stop you does't mean that others wont obey the law even if they don't agree with it.

Anything that is illegal can be used by unscrupulous people to make money but that in itself is no reason to legalize something. I know this is an extreme example but it is illegal for me to kill you. Is it a valid reason to say that murder should be legalized because hiring hitmen illegally is funding terrorism? The same can be said for anything illegal.

Look I actually have given this a lot of thought and am not simply giving a knee jerk reaction. I watched the video and remain with the view that it should not be legalized for recreational use. I would be fine to legalize the industrial production of hemp and to a lesser extent the prescribed medical use. I'm happy for the government to get tax money from industrial production of hemp.

I really don't want to get drawn into another argument regarding this as I have already done so on boards many times. I am always willing to listen to new information on the subject which is why I watched the video in the first place and will continue to read responses to this tread if there are any but don't intend to post any more in this tread.

• Advertisement

The fact that it is illegal dose deter people from using it. Do you honestly think that more people would't use or at the very least try it if it was legal? Of course they would. The fact that something is illegal dose deter people from doing it. Sure it wont stop everyone but it will stop lots. Just because it may or may not stop you does't mean that others wont obey the law even if they don't agree with it.

Anything that is illegal can be used by unscrupulous people to make money but that in itself is no reason to legalize something. I know this is an extreme example but it is illegal for me to kill you. Is it a valid reason to say that murder should be legalized because hiring hitmen illegally is funding terrorism? The same can be said for anything illegal.

Look I actually have given this a lot of thought and am not simply giving a knee jerk reaction. I watched the video and remain with the view that it should not be legalized for recreational use. I would be fine to legalize the industrial production of hemp and to a lesser extent the prescribed medical use. I'm happy for the government to get tax money from industrial production of hemp.

I really don't want to get drawn into another argument regarding this as I have already done so on boards many times. I am always willing to listen to new information on the subject which is why I watched the video in the first place and will continue to read responses to this tread if there are any but don't intend to post any more in this tread.

Why should people be deterred from it?

See, I can honestly understand someone who disagrees with the legalization of weed if they also want nicotine and alcohol to be illegal.

Why do you believe that we should try and stop people from smoking weed in the first place? Why do you think some people get to tell other people how to live their lives when they are doing no harm to anyone but themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Sisko wrote: »
    The you should be for making alcohol and cigarettes illegal , otherwise your a hypocrite.

Good luck making them illegal, but you're right they are equally harmfull.

Why we think we can justify making more such substances legal is beyond me. The ones we have are damaging enough, why make it worse?

BizzyC wrote: »

Why we think we can justify making more such substances legal is beyond me. The ones we have are damaging enough, why make it worse?

It's called personal freedom. Me smoking a few blunts with my mates is harming noone. maybe our lungs.

Weed has been around millenia and is not going away. ever. So it's about time we grow up and accept it and stop spending a fortune trying to control it.

We have bigger and badder problems that could use that money.

Right now the market is controlled by skobies, they will sell that sh*t to kids as long as they have the cash. If the market is controlled by licensed premises that can lose their licence it would be much harder for kids to get it.

When we were young we couldn't buy alcohol unless we could talk some older gobsh*te into going to the offy for us, so we bought weed... no id required. It also stops weed being a gateway drug as those premises wont also be walking around with pills and gear in their pockets.

As for the "more people will try it"... Statistics out of Amsterdam and Portugal don't support that claim, so you'll probably have to claim now that the Irish are different and need special protection... as was claimed on here in an other thread recently.

Advertisement