Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visiting Dublin 5/29 to 6/3

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Camaross82 wrote: »
    Also, I am assuming that there will be taxis avalible at the airport to take us to our hotel. If this is not the case please let me know. After an overnight flight I would like as little hassel getting to the hotel as possible.

There's a taxi rank right outside the airport, nearly always taxis there, the longest part would be the queuing up for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

There's a taxi rank right outside the airport, nearly always taxis there, the longest part would be the queuing up for one.

As said above, there's nearly always taxis outside but the queues can be horrible, I'd say that would be especially painful after a long flight.

Have you called the hotel to see if they do airport collection? Whenever my OH and I go away we usually get it. It's never that much more expensive than a taxi and we always feel so fancy. It's ridiculously convenient too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Camaross82

Ill look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Also, I am assuming that there will be taxis avalible at the airport to take us to our hotel. If this is not the case please let me know. After an overnight flight I would like as little hassel getting to the hotel as possible.

If the queue for the taxis is too long (I never had a problem to be honest except at summer holidays busy season) , then you can call a local taxi company to come and pick you up ...

http://swordscabs.com/index.htm

Just phone then from the airport phones on 01 80 80 800, or if you are using your mobile then it's : +353 1 80 80 800
    They will pick you up outside on the street on the Departures level (the lower level is Arrivals, the upper level is Departures at Dublin airport).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hey everyone.. Thanks for all your inputs to the OP.

In fact, when the OP has come and gone from Dublin I'm going to change the title of this thread and make it a sticky, such has been the quality of the information & help given to a visitor in it.

It, and your replies, can then be a reference for anyone making a visit to us.

• Advertisement

You can actually make it a sticky now if youd like. It would make it quicker for me to reference instead of having to flip through the threads.

And I totally agree that all of the information has been top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I assume you will be arriving into terminal 2, taxis really shouldnt be an issue tbh, the airport is deserted most of the time. The rank is located just across the road from the terminal entrance.

Well. Another two weeks and I'll be on my way to Dublin.

Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Check if there's a GAA match on over the weekend you're here. That'd be worth seeing if there's one on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭AnalogueKid

Check if there's a GAA match on over the weekend you're here. That'd be worth seeing if there's one on.

GAA is to Ireland what NASCAR is to the USA. FYI Camaross82 ;)

• Advertisement

That would be sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭hairy sailor

i'd recommend kilmainham gaol on your visit,you can access it from the hop on hop off bus tour,check it out on trip adviser,always gets amazing reviews,it only costs 6 euro,less than 10 dollar's & has a great museum & guided tour of the prison,play'ed a huge part in ireland's history,you might even reconise it from a few movie's,enjoy your stay

Well... My time in Ireland has come and gone. I can honestly say that I had a great time. Great weather, great booze, great people. And the sights were awesome. We went from the Dublin castle to the cliffs of Moher, and many places in between. And my beautiful wife is already trying to figure out how to get back there.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭TheUsual

Well... My time in Ireland has come and gone. I can honestly say that I had a great time. Great weather, great booze, great people. And the sights were awesome. We went from the Dublin castle to the cliffs of Moher, and many places in between. And my beautiful wife is already trying to figure out how to get back there.
    Thanks for all the suggestions.

Good to hear you enjoyed your holiday !
    Sounds like you saw a lot of sights, I think that's great but there are always more things to visit here ... try Donegal and Kerry next time !

Advertisement