Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

On your bike! [bikes and home insurance ]

Options
  • 02-04-2011 8:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Just been through the tedious process of getting home insurance quotes online. All well and good except that several companies refused to give an online quote (telling me to call them instead) when I added a bicycle to the policy quote. My bike is a standard racer which sits in the hallway. First off, I'm not sure why bikes are considered 'extraneous' to an insurance and need to be listed separate to normal contents. Secondly, why the "we can't quote you now" message - what is it about a bike that makes insurance companies blanch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

corblimey wrote: »
    what is it about a bike that makes insurance companies blanch?
    Because the cover on the bike will extend to outside of the home and they want to know where you will secure it. Places like universities are high risk

Advertisement