Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed roof replacement

• 02-04-2011 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

I have a block shed 15 x 12 that has a galavinised sheet roof that needs to be replaced, the roof has about a 14in fall on the 12ft length, checked all the timbers and they are sound and free from rot. Im looking at the best option for replacement. ive seen roof sheeting that looks like tile when layed, not sure if its metal or pvc? should a layer of felt be used before applying sheeting or is it better to cover the roof in roofing plywood then a layer of felt and then the final sheeting? anyone know the name of that tile effect sheeting im on about?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

A company called GusClad LTD do what you are after, in a variety of colours. Will also deliver nationwide.

You only need roofing felt if you have standard galvanized sheets to stop the dripping. You can get you're roof made with a non drip backing which removes the need for roofing felt underneath.

IIRC its pvc coated galv steel .5

They can make the sheets in whatever length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

u could also consider an insulated panel from someone like this
    http://www.tegralbuildingproducts.com/index.php?page=profile-sheeting

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

sohappy wrote: »
    I have a block shed 15 x 12 that has a galavinised sheet roof that needs to be replaced, the roof has about a 14in fall on the 12ft length, checked all the timbers and they are sound and free from rot. Im looking at the best option for replacement. ive seen roof sheeting that looks like tile when layed, not sure if its metal or pvc? should a layer of felt be used before applying sheeting or is it better to cover the roof in roofing plywood then a layer of felt and then the final sheeting? anyone know the name of that tile effect sheeting im on about?

Gusclad,Skyclad and various other places.

I got mine from Skyclad in Westmeant,delievered to Dublin on a truck.:)

Brown non drip metal tile effect caldding.Daltex Ultra roofing membrane underneath,just for piece of mind

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sohappy

paddy147 wrote: »
    Gusclad,Skyclad and various other places.

I got mine from Skyclad in Westmeant,delievered to Dublin on a truck.:)

Brown non drip metal tile effect caldding.Daltex Ultra roofing membrane underneath,just for piece of mind

Nice Job Paddy,similar in size to my shed, how much a sheet was that? what did it cost to do the whole roof?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

sohappy wrote: »
    Nice Job Paddy,similar in size to my shed, how much a sheet was that? what did it cost to do the whole roof?

I actually dont know,I must ask my builder about the exact cost of the cladding.The garaget was part of a bigger project/house extension and rennovation job

Theres a good few companies selling the cladding on Done Deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement