Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hkc wireless alarm problems

Options
  • 02-04-2011 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all,

I have installed a hkc alarm in my house, it was working fine but now when i set it you can open any contact and the alarm is not set off. any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

What way did you set them up, zones or points ? Are the inertia/contacts ? Are the reeds enabled on each sensor you have set up ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Are they wireless contacts?? as Altor said check to see if the reeds are turned on in ( im not 100% sure)RF device menu(he knows this stuff inside out!!;)), or they could be set to unused ,go to zone menu then zone types,should be set to alarm. hope any of this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 icejoey

Hello guys

Im hyave problems with my hkc alarm that i only fitted

When i set the alarm it gives me 30s but when i open the door the alarm goes off any ideas :)

icejoey wrote: »
    Hello guys

Im hyave problems with my hkc alarm that i only fitted

When i set the alarm it gives me 30s but when i open the door the alarm goes off any ideas :)

The zone needs to be set up for entry/exit. To do this you need to go into engineering, zones, zone types. Set the zone for the front door as entry/exit.

If you dont have the device for the front door on zone 1 you will also need to change the device type you have on zone 1 off entry/exit if you need it to alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 icejoey

Thanks a lot works perfect now would you be able to tell me how to arm certain zones (i.e window and doors for when we are in the house)

Thanks

• Advertisement

icejoey wrote: »
    Thanks a lot works perfect now would you be able to tell me how to arm certain zones (i.e window and doors for when we are in the house)

Thanks

This is also set up in the zone menu, zone options. The zone you want off in partset select yes. There are two partsets A and B if you want to set them up differently.

Advertisement