Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a pratical exam with LC Chemistry Higher Level?

• 02-04-2011 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi,

Was looking for some info regarding sitting the Higher Level LC Chemistry paper in june. I'm doing it as a mature, external candidate.
    I'm not sure but is there a pratical exam that you also need, along with the written paper in June? Its been 13yrs since I did my LC, and I did Physics, but I can't remember doing a pratical exam.

Anyone out there know if I need to do a practical exam or not???

Thanks a million,
    Little me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭surfergirl92

little me wrote: »
    Hi,

Was looking for some info regarding sitting the Higher Level LC Chemistry paper in june. I'm doing it as a mature, external candidate.
    I'm not sure but is there a pratical exam that you also need, along with the written paper in June? Its been 13yrs since I did my LC, and I did Physics, but I can't remember doing a pratical exam.

Anyone out there know if I need to do a practical exam or not???

Thanks a million,
    Little me.

No,there is not.Just a written exam. Composed of 12 questions and you have to do 8.Paper broken down into Section A and Section B.There are however 3 questions in Section A of the paper of which you have to do 2.You CAN do all three.These questions are based on the 28 Mandatory Experiments.Hope that helps..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

Some (very few) chemistry students get inspected by the department to see if they have their lab books written up supposedly proving they conducted the mandatory experiments. Apparently if you cannot produce a completed lab book you can be prevented from sitting the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭little me

Thanks guys for your reply. That clears it up for me! :)

Little me.

Advertisement