Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I fail...

• 02-04-2011 12:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,
    I was just wondering if I were to fail first year here would I still be accepted into another course in another college if I were to apply?
    I'm applying to NUIM and chances are that I'm going to fail a class or two this year here in NUIG. I hated my course and pretty much just didn't go to anything.

So... if I were to fail here would it count against me somewhere else?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

I dont see why you wouldnt. You'd have to pay full tuition fees though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭JonSnuuu

If you're applying for a transfer into 2nd year of a course in NUIM I'd say it more than likely would affect you.

If on the other hand you're reapplying thorough the CAO, it won't make any difference to you getting in. You will of course have to pay the fees (
    but you'd have to pay these even if you passed everything)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 hazydaze

Thanks! Fingers crossed there won't actually be any failing involved!
    Thanks for helping!

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭TheRealSquishy

I think you only have to pay the fees for the 1st year? I have a friend who failed 1st year and changed course and Im nearly sure she only had to pay the 1st year fees. If you are in 2nd or 3rd yr I think you have to pay the 2 or 3 yrs. But you can definately change course but if you do it through the CAO then you will have to wait a year because the closing date for applications is like Feb 1st or something. Best of luck and fair play for deciding to change, I wanted to change but hadn't the balls :P

Advertisement