Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Insurance being cancelled !!

Options
  • 02-04-2011 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭

:eek:

Hi there,

I paid my car insurance last year (dont worry, I wont mention any companies but there a very reputable company and I dealt directly with them, not online or through an agent)

Anyway, I paid in full and forwarded them my no claims bonus (never had any claims or any dealings with an insurance company other than paying them every year)

Anyway, I get a letter shortly after I have paid saying they did not get my no claims letter from my last company.. I thought that to be a bit strange as I did of course submit it and doubt I'd would have gotten my insurance cert without submitting it.
    So, I forget about the letter and I get another one, so I ring them and tell them I'll drop it in (again) and there totally cool with that.
    Now, between one thing or another I never dropped it in,the letters kept coming, all only gentle reminders and not in any way threatening but, and I'm totally to blame here, I kept forgetting to drop it in.
    Yesterday I get a letter from the underwriters i.e the parent insurance company telling me that my insurance will be cancelled in 3 weeks?? :eek:

Where do I stand?? oh.. and to confirm, this is all totally above board!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Ehhh drop it in Monday.....problem solved!

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭doughef

do ye reckon?

hope so.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

doughef wrote: »
    :eek:

Yesterday I get a letter from the underwriters i.e the parent insurance company telling me that my insurance will be cancelled in 3 weeks?? :eek:

Where do I stand??

Q. Where do you stand?

A. Unless you don't send in the no claims the insurance will be cancelled in three weeks.

Get on to it on Monday dude.

Thanks guys,

found the frickin no claims form under about 7 million other letters so I'll drop it in Monday..

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Insurance company is doing nothing wrong, without the evidence to backup part of your application the insurance isn't really valid. Try drop it in Monday and they "should" be fine with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

doughef wrote: »
    Thanks guys,

found the frickin no claims form under about 7 million other letters so I'll drop it in Monday..

Cheers
    So you never did send it in the 1st place?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Mistakes happen. Send it Monday and they will be ok with it. Once you actually told them the truth and you have x amount of years no claims bonus they won't care.

oldyouth wrote: »
    So you never did send it in the 1st place?

no, As far as I remember I did send it in, but I could be wrong.
    I'll go in with in tomorrow

(although now I'm wondering how I still have the original) :rolleyes:

but as I said, its all above board and I didnt tell any porkies

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

you didn't tell porkies but as we all sussed. If ya sent it in how have you got it? :D:D

Just drop it in and apologies for the delay. There will be no harm

• Advertisement

Hi all,

so ye... you were right, dropped in the form today and all is fine.:D

Thanks for the replies

Advertisement