Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Boot Sale

Options
  • 02-04-2011 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any decent car boot sales around the Kildare area.

Has anyone done them and did they find them much good?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Theres a market/boot sale in naas racecourse every sunday that there's not racing on. Myself and the missus go quite often and its fairly good. Moorefield football club also run one, i think its the third sunday of every month, its only on till 1pm so get there early. I also know of one on a saturday in the carpark of a pub on the kilcullen side of athy(i've passed the place a million times and cant recall the name of it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ROOIHARE

there 1 in athy in 'hunting ground' site sat 8am-2pm
    there 1 in Newbridge 'football club' site Sun 10am-3pm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Danniboo

Thanks everyone,

What's the Athy one like? I have a good few items of clothing I want to get rid of. I know people go to these things looking for a bargain but I want to get a decent price for some dresses I have, Coast etc. Am I wasting my time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 savy2011

Danniboo wrote: »
    Thanks everyone,

What's the Athy one like? I have a good few items of clothing I want to get rid of. I know people go to these things looking for a bargain but I want to get a decent price for some dresses I have, Coast etc. Am I wasting my time?

been to the one at Naas Racecourse and I agree its good, i dont know about selling good clothes at a car boot sale. you would get something for them but prob not the price your looking for. a stall at Naas racecourse is €20 - i suppose you could chance it and sure if they dont sell at least you know. Their website is http://www.naasmarket.ie/
    Would ebay not be the best option for clothes if the above doesnt work out. I dont know much about ebay myself. but my friends do a good bit on it buying clothes esp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I'd agree with above about ebay or give adverts.ie a shot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭DWCommuter

What are you doing in here??:D

My wife (out of pure boredom and an erstwhile attempt to clear decent **** out of the house) did various Kildare car boots and found them futile in terms of rent, time and takings. People want stuff for nothing and then when you have stuff for nothing they are wary. Its bizarre! The only advice I can offer based on her experiences is to bring a lot of stuff and don't try to do them regularly. They are definately not a source of income!

I enjoy going to them though. (as a shopper):D

Advertisement