Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will you be sick for the Orals?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

No..Well not intentionally anyway, I actually prepared for them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That's an idea... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭!MAVERICK!

Would I get away with a broken arm?

Doubt it! :o

pajero12 wrote: »
    Doubt it! :o

What if I said I started to be in great agony and had to see my physiotherapist?.

• Advertisement

!MAVERICK! wrote: »
    What if I said I started to be in great agony and had to see my physiotherapist?.
    A physio for a broken arm? :P

A physio for a broken arm? :P

Whats so surprising about that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are people who will be doing their orals at the later time having suffered real illness, bereavement and loss. THEY are the people this is intended for, not chancers who just want a few extra weeks.

Whats so surprising about that?
    If your actually paying a physio for treating a broken arm, You'll need waaay more than 6 weeks extra!:rolleyes:

spurious wrote: »
    There are people who will be doing their orals at the later time having suffered real illness, bereavement and loss. THEY are the people this is intended for, not chancers who just want a few extra weeks.

Excuse me im not just a 'chancer' pretending to be sick you dont have a slight idea of my situation!

How was I supposed to cope by doing an oral 2 days after just being discharged from hospital after having spent over a week in there with a compound fractured arm including severe median nerve damage, two tendons ripped and complete ulnar fracture. You dont have the slightest clue what kind of damage that is.

For your own information my principal did agree to prospone my orals. I dont think she would of allowed me if I was just feigning to be unwell! My orals commence on 27th May. So dont go labeling people who you think are just 'Chancers'. Thanks OP for listing this I would of never seen it nor did my guidance counsellor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

Excuse me im not just a 'chancer' pretending to be sick you dont have a slight idea of my situation!

commence on 27th May. So dont go labeling people who you think are just 'Chancers'.

Chill out! Nobody labelled you as a chancer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭MikeHough

they did really:
    spurious wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

Nobody said you were a chancer. However, to "get away" does imply that you are chancing your arm, excuse the pun. All Spurious is saying is that there are chancers out there. It is a generalisation, not an attack on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

How was I supposed to cope by doing an oral 2 days after just being discharged from hospital after having spent over a week in there with a compound fractured arm including severe median nerve damage, two tendons ripped and complete ulnar fracture. You dont have the slightest clue what kind of damage that is.

For your own information my principal did agree to prospone my orals. I dont think she would of allowed me if I was just feigning to be unwell! My orals commence on 27th May. So dont go labeling people who you think are just 'Chancers'. Thanks OP for listing this I would of never seen it nor did my guidance counsellor.

Calm down. The tone of your posts above 'get away with a broken arm' and 'what if I started to be in great agony'... implied that you were not that sick. How was anyone here supposed to know you had spent a week in hospital. If you're asking about a genuine illness/ reason for missing your oral why don't you post seriously?

E.g. 'I did some serious damage to my arm, I've spent a week in hospital and don't know if I'll be fit enough to make it into school on the day, I'm still in severe pain'

If I had seen that I would have thought, fair enough, you are the type of person who probably needs the delayed exam.... but when you post about 'getting away with something and you might be in pain' it screams chancer.

For the Ag Science practical assessment each year I always have at least one 'chancer' in the class who asks what will happen if they don't come into school that day. All students are supposed to be present for the assessment even if they are not picked. I tell them that they better be at a funeral or in hospital if that's the case as I will be round to the house and will pull them out of the bed if necessary. I've examined in plenty of schools where there are such chancers and I ring the house and tell them to get themselves into school fairly sharpish and that I won't be leaving until they've presented themselves. It also pretty much guarantees them an interview. They would have had better odds of escaping it if they just turned up like they're supposed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

If your actually paying a physio for treating a broken arm, You'll need waaay more than 6 weeks extra!:rolleyes:

I've seen people with broken arms talk before... Quite the sight actually...

HxGH wrote: »
    I've seen people with broken arms talk before... Quite the sight actually...

Read post 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

Read post 11

Ouch... Fair point Maverick. Apologies. Best of luck too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Read post 11

Don't you think you owe Spurios an apology?

She never quoted/aimed her post at you, she specifically wrote it in general, not mentioning a user but you seemed to aim your post specifically back at her.. Seems you're the one in the wrong like.

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Don't you think you owe Spurios an apology?

She never quoted/aimed her post at you, she specifically wrote it in general, not mentioning a user but you seemed to aim your post specifically back at her.. Seems you're the one in the wrong like.

I didnt bite her nose off I just explained my situation, I thanked for her reply so that should suffice.

Advertisement