Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WBA vs Liverpool Fc match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

flahavaj wrote: »
    Been saying this for quite some time. Decent player, but completely unreliable. At the very best he'd be decent back up, but what good is your back up if they're on the treatment table more often than not?

I can also see Carroll getting the line here.

Have to agree about Agger.It's pretty much why I think we need twoCBs capable of stepping straight into the first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's hardly Agger's fault but it is time to ship him off to the glue factory.

Just as well Pepe was on his toes, that could have been an OG from Skrtel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Good effort Skittles.:pac:

Reina far too busy here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Carroll's getting fck all off this ref.

Yep, the ref is well able to stop when Carroll fouls, but he has been turning a blind eye to fouls on Carroll from the first minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I really don't know what the ref expects, is he not suppose to challenge for the ball ? The amount of long balls we are hitting to him is a disgrace.

Opr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

Reminds me of a Europa League game. We're not in it at all yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Pepe will be next. Skrtel down.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

You on your mobile posting while sitting on the bench at Stoke? :D

The West Brom players have figured out that the right side of our defence is not great and error prone. I expect a lot more coming down our right at Carragher and Skrtel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this another post international hang-over game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Dreadful game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Dirk is having a complete mare out there. Suarez has to go back 70 yards to get the ball.

Time for a name change :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭FernandoTorres

I would like to change my name but I didn't think you could!? If anyone knows how I'd be much obliged...

You can only change your name as a subscriber I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Haggereaves.

I'll get my coat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

I would like to change my name but I didn't think you could!? If anyone knows how I'd be much obliged...

LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

A good first 10 mins but the changes have shook us, for the rest of the half, hopefully Kenny will calm everyone down at half time and we'll go back out after the break and play the same as we did at the start of the game. Kuyt has to up his game or I can see Cole coming on. Hoping for a bit of Suarez magic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

mike65 wrote: »
    Is this another post international hang-over game?

Yes. Fatigue from international games + injuries = badness. Not expecting much out of this now.

Poor stuff for the most part from Liverpool.

Once we lost Johnson and Agger we lost any forward movement from the back.

Carragher, Skrtel, Spearing, and Lucas seem very content to play deep with no real effort made to get forward and are offering nothing in terms of movement for other players.

Agger, Meireles, and Suarez have all been screaming for the ball in the first half whilst one of the first four dithered on the ball allowing WBA players to position themselves.

Kuyt has been poor after a bright start, but with luck he will maintain that good habit of snatching a goal or two when he is playing badly.

Pepe has been the busier keeper by far, but despite that the best scoring chance fell to Liverpool when Kuyt hit the bar.

I think a switch to 4-2-3-1 is needed as that would allow us to go 4-5-1 when we get pushed back, and may also allow the players who want to get forward the chance to get the ball and work it.

daithijjj wrote: »
    Dirk is having a complete mare out there. Suarez has to go back 70 yards to get the ball.

Typical Dirk and Lucas display against one of the lesser teams. It's all well and good being up for the Utd and Chelsea games but a performance against the WBA's of this world seems to be a step to far for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

daithijjj wrote: »

Yeah Suarez looks to be getting frustrated at the moment, doing an awful lot of running around looking for the ball, does that always, but as you say he is having to do it to far from goal.

Meireles has been very quiet or is it just me? Coupled with Kuyt not playing very well, it means there is no link there to let Carroll and in particular Suarez stay up further.

The long ball to Carroll is not working, don't even think they are trying it anymore due to him being very close to the edge, and basically him having not much luck against the West Brom defenders.

Hodgson will be happy, and if West Brom can do a bit more with the amount of good possession they are getting up front he will feel they can win this.

Important half time team talks happening now!

Think I am going to watch another game for the 2nd half though, this is soul destroying watching this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

whatawaster - How has Dani got on in the first half overall ?

Updates are buzzing around him.
    NCFC - Steve: Dani Pacheco straight into the action a lovely cross from the right just cleared by former Canary Michael Nelson.
    NorwichCityFC: 2nd - Lively start! Flowing move sees Pacheco nearly find Holt in the box then Tierney's sliced effort drops on to roof of the net
    NCFC - Steve: GOALLLLLLLLLLL - great play by Dani Pacheco who gets to the byline and puts the ball into the six yard area where Grant Holt applies the finish. Get in!

He then made the pass that led to the penalty for the second.
    NorwichCityFC: 12th - Sublime bit of skill from Pacheco, he jinks past his man but drags his shot just wide of the far post
    NCFC - Steve: A fantastic through ball by Dani Pacheco put Holt through on goal in the first place before being brought down by Reid.

Look what the Norwich fans think already :)
    NCFC - Steve:
    James - He certainly has a quick turn of pace. Looks so comfortable on the ball and a superb first touch. Scunny can't get near him at the moment.
    @narwichboy Rob Wilson
    Great skill by Pacheco to set up Holt's goal....this boy could take us up!!! #ncfc

Opr

Glad to see Dani doing well, not surprised at all either.

In saying that, i think it's a joke that he never got a look in this season with a team a creatively lacking as ours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

you have to become a boards.ie subscriber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

opr wrote: »
    whatawaster - How has Dani got on in the first half overall ?

Updates are buzzing around him.

He then made the pass that led to the penalty for the second.

Look what the Norwich fans think already :)

Opr

First team could really do with some Pacheco (and could have all season) Very frustrating.

From sporting life to add to the above;
    40 Norwich are in control of the match. Key player: Daniel Pacheco

It would be fine if we had some players with a bit of guile, but we really don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

Start a new account..

Delete your account and start a new one calling yourself PepeReina. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Haven't been watching the game but according to BBC, WB have had the better of it so far.

Does either team look threatening or are those shots on target mostly pot shots?

Possession
    West Brom56% Liverpool44%

Attempts on target
    West Brom7 Liverpool2

Attempts off target
    West Brom1 Liverpool2

Corners
    West Brom0 Liverpool1

Fouls
    West Brom7 Liverpool10

Haven't been watching the game but according to BBC, WB have had the better of it so far.

Does either team look threatening or are those shots on target mostly pot shots?

Possession
    West Brom56% Liverpool44%

Attempts on target
    West Brom7 Liverpool2

Attempts off target
    West Brom1 Liverpool2

Corners
    West Brom0 Liverpool1

Fouls
    West Brom7 Liverpool10

We have been watching the game and knew all that but cheers for the update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭Berti Vogts

Looks to me like Martin Atkinson is waiting to send Andy Carroll off. Give it 20 minutes or so :(

West Brom have been the better team.

We started the better but their midfield was on top majority of the half.

Poor game so far tbf.

Good stop again by Reina. He is playing well again today.

We have been watching the game and knew all that but cheers for the update.

I know but sometimes stats can be deceiving, you don't realize what they are until you see them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Typical Dirk and Lucas display against one of the lesser teams. It's all well and good being up for the Utd and Chelsea games but a performance against the WBA's of this world seems to be a step to far for them.

It is not about being "up" for these matches.

You need flair and skill to unlock teams like West Brom when they are playing at home and are well organised.

Lucas and Kuyt are perfect for the big matches as it is discipline, organisation and hard work that often make the biggest in those matches.

Thats better.

Skitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttles :D

• Advertisement

2 wingers in the summer please Mr Henry :)

Carroll needs good service.

EDIT YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 1-0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Thank fúck for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

skkkkkkkrrrrrteeeeellllll

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

G'wan skittles!

GGGGEEEERRRRINNNNNN BIG MARTO!!!!! You scary looking bastard!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Get in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭witnessrenegade

Goal! Ive been saying it since he was bought, Meireles is a legend!

Skrtel with an accurate header? :eek::eek:

GOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL from 50p head:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Thats more ****ing like it Skrtel!! Terrific corner from Meireles:)

It is not about being "up" for these matches.

You need flair and skill to unlock teams like West Brom when they are playing at home and are well organised.

Lucas and Kuyt are perfect for the big matches as it is discipline, organisation and hard work that often make the biggest in those matches.

Ah come on.

You need more flair and skill to beat the bigger teams, than you do to beat the smaller sides.

You need more discipline, organisation and hard work to beat bigger teams too.

If Liverpool played with the same conviction as they did against Chelsea at SB and Utd at Anfield they win these types of games comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement