Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WBA vs Liverpool Fc match thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Damn 50p head shows why I call him that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Ah ffs skittles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

mixednuts wrote: »
    Why all the Hodgson talk ?

Lads we were Shoite !

Coz he's the brum gaffer now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭doc_17

Both tackles should not have been made...poor decision making from soto and reina

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,164 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Some last ditch stuff there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Shocking stuff from the Greek - wtf is he doing playing for LFC??? Seriously. I know he's become a bit of a folk hero but he's fcuking useless

I'm not sure why he's liked so much and defended a lot on here TBH. I would doubt he would get into a top 10 team in the EPL. People say he's good in the air but lets be honest, he offers very little else. I dont know why he's kept TBH. We may as well have a Youth player getting experience than give him more game time.

Depressing...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

May aswell say it before someone else does

sHUlDa kEpT HodGSon LLLLLLOooooooooolllllLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

West Bromwich Atkinson 2 - Liverpool 1 :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

where the hell was this fight for the last 92 minutes

• Advertisement

Fair play WB, well deserved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Jayob10 wrote: »
    officials haven't been bad in fairness, thats just sour grapes

You are right indeed. The ref has been very poor though. Saying that, losing 2 defenders early on was a disaster. Soto just doesn't have it in him to deal with pace he was torn apart. All in all, not a good day for Liverpool.

Unlikely from Suarez at the end there..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Ha ha,were you watching a different incident?

It was a dodgy stream but it looked like there was very minimal contact, if any at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

officials haven't been bad in fairness, thats just sour grapes
    Your right they've been worse than bad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Coz he's the brum gaffer now:rolleyes:

Big Eck might have something to say about that.

Frantic ending, they probably deserved that. Today merely confirmed what we all know - work to be done this summer. Its hard to win when your back line is reduced to "cloggers" and others are either not fit or tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

mixednuts wrote: »
    Why all the Hodgson talk ?

Lads we were Shoite !

I think the Hodgson talk is based around his idiot interviews today and yesterday where his latest excuse for doing badly at Liverpool was because he was undermined by Dalglish.

On the pitch today, I cannot begrudge the WBA players their result as they were the better team, but I sure as hell begrudge Hodgson his spoof time when he goes on tv over the next few days. Knowing him it will be proff of his world class ability and proof that he is, as he has said, a manager on the same level as Ferguson.

• Advertisement

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Fair play WB, well deserved.

Aye, better team on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

we havent been good enough today in all fairness, they are good value for their lead.

Pisses me off considering Tottenham have been muck for the last month and we are not capitalising.

Just to note aswell, West Brom are only 9 points behind us now. They are closer to us than we are to Chelsea in 4th.

Are we over hyping this "King Kenny effect" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

WBA made us pay for the loss of johnson and agger. our mid field of merriles and ? and ? was once again useless

fair play to West brom

Injuries cost us badly......Soto cost us 3 points IMO....however that would just paper over the cracks......dismal display today, really really poor...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Delighted for roy. Hope he milks it for all its worth:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Relegation battlers beginning with "W" are Liverpool's nemeses.

we havent been good enough today in all fairness, they are good value for their lead.

Pisses me off considering Tottenham have been mucj for the last month and we are not capitalising.

Just to note aswell, West Brom are only 9 points behind us now. They are closer to us than we are to Chelsea in 4th.

We were never going to get 4th. Only people with their head in the clouds thought we would.

What is Roy's league record with West Brom like versus his league record with Liverpool?

Delighted for roy. Hope he milks it for all its worth:D

:pac:
    we were wrong roy, come back!!

I wouldnt begrudge him TBH. They were the only team that seemed to want it. Shocking stuff from the pool...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Performances like this from now till the seasons end and I don't see Dalglish being given the job full time. The only appointment of any note has been Comolli as Director of Football. Strengthening his position. Dalglish still very much on probation. The loss today goes in the folder with the Braga loss and Blackpool loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Kuyt Lucas and Soto, useless today. So hard not to begrudge Reina handing in a transfer request after today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Pisses me off considering Tottenham have been mucj for the last month and we are not capitalising.

I dont think so, i think theres more over-hyping of players after a victory or two which is unjustified imho. Theres a half dozen in this squad who should never get near the shirt. As comoli says.........."i expect a busy summer".

Melion wrote: »
    It was a dodgy stream but it looked like there was very minimal contact, if any at all.

They were both penalties.

There was 20 odd other decisions against Liverpool that were brutal though.

daithijjj wrote: »
    I dont think so, i think theres more over-hyping of players after a victory or two which is unjustified imho. Theres a half dozen in this squad who should never get near the shirt. As comoli says.........."i expect a busy summer".

Well that might include the recruitment of a new manager.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Relegation battlers beginning with "W" are Liverpool's nemeses.

Woy? :pac:

• Advertisement

No, he's done very well in fairness. 6th is the best we were ever going to do this season IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Performances like this from now till the seasons end and I don't see Dalglish being given the job full time. The only appointment of any note has been Comolli as Director of Football. Strengthening his position. Dalglish still very much on probation. The loss today goes in the folder with the Braga loss and Blackpool loss.

Get up out of that, the injuries were what fcked us today Dalglish couldn't do anything after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭cantgetright

F-uck set1 and espn.. streams are muck.
    could of gained on spurs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Melion wrote: »

Fair enough but he stuck a leg out,stonewaller

We slaughtered Woy for our performances and results but Kenny has now presided over losses to Blackpool,West Ham and West Brom. All relegation battling fodder.
    Throw in the Braga loss aswell and its not nice reading.

He gets us as a club and shows superb understanding and respect towards us fans but should we be aiming higher?

Personally i'd give him a 1 or 2 year deal in the summer to let him have a full season but I think the owners are right not to jump the gun, who knows who will be available and interested in the job in the summer.

Lukker- wrote: »
    lol

Interesting point well made

Get up out of that, the injuries were what fcked us today Dalglish couldn't do anything after that.

Thats a very soft excuse. This isn't the first performance of its type either is it?

As I said, he has 7 games left to convince Comolli and FSG he's the right man for the job.

Dalglish out!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Well that might include the recruitment of a new manager.

I dont think Jesus Christ could change much with this team that finished the game. Quality in depth simply isnt there, no talent, even less resilience.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    We were never going to get 4th. Only people with their head in the clouds thought we would.

Blackpool away, Wigan at home, West Ham away, West Brom away, all games we failed to win, if we had we'd be right in there.
    Hodgson would have been slaughtered for losing away to West Brom and Blackpool. Kenny needs to come under the scrutiny.

Not defending Woy, im glad hes gone but I would certainly not be giving Kenny a free ride in terms of his performance.

So far, the main differences have been the odd game with better attacking play and better ability to say the right things to the media.

Time we start thinking with our heads rather than our hearts.

Thats a very soft excuse. This isn't the first performance of its type either is it?

As I said, he has 7 games left to convince Comolli and FSG he's the right man for the job.

You are probably right.

There is no doubt that Kenny's performance is significantly better than Roy's - not just in terms of matches won - but it is about what is to be expected with the squad that we have available to us.

I was concerned as to what prompted his appointment in the first place - more sentiment than anything else - but the appointment has been a success and I think that he has done enough to be given more time.

I dont think Jesus Christ could change much with this team that finished the game. Quality in depth simply isnt there, no talent, even less resilience.

The lack of talent is not of Dalglish's making. The lack of resilience is.

Im no Hodgson sympathiser, but was Woy not criticised for holding this attitude?

Bare in mind he didn't have Suarez or Carroll at his disposal either, instead he had a sulking Torres.

As I said, im glad hes gone. But ill hold Dalglish to the same critical analysis.

How you can say 6th is the best we could have hoped for when Spurs (and Chelsea to a lesser extent) have been misfiring for long periods is a joke and reeks of double standards.

Hodgson was mauled for his away form. Under Kenny we have been beaten by Blackpool, West Brom and West Ham.

You are probably right.

There is no doubt that Kenny's performance is significantly better than Roy's - not just in terms of matches won - but it is about what is to be expected with the squad that we have available to us.

I was concerned as to what prompted his appointment in the first place - more sentiment than anything else - but the appointment has been a success and I think that he has done enough to be given more time.

I'm immensely proud of Dalglish for restoring the traditional values of the club and for some of wonderful performances he's delivered. That said, I'm selfish enough to still believe we should check all our possible options in the summer before we commit to Dalglish.

It'd be interesting to see who might be interested.

• Advertisement

The lack of talent is not of Dalglish's making. The lack of resilience is.

You think another manager can come in and turn this squad into a title challenging team?. Thats rhetorical, we both know that wont happen. What needs to happen is to bring players in with resilience in their DNA, Suarez has it. But he also has the talent. Its arguable if many of this team that finished the game have either imho.

I'm immensely proud of Dalglish for restoring the traditional values of the club and for some of wonderful performances he's delivered. That said, I'm selfish enough to still believe we should check all our possible options in the summer before we commit to Dalglish.

It'd be interesting to see who might be interested.

I had the same discussion with a mate last week and pretty much settled on the same conclusion myself.

Primarily, I want a young, capable manager that can build something in the long term or can guarantee success (Jose is one of the few managers that can these days) but if that isn't realistic, I am happy for Kenny to be given a chance.

Im no Hodgson sympathiser, but was Woy not criticised for holding this attitude?

Bare in mind he didn't have Suarez or Carroll at his disposal either, instead he had a sulking Torres.

As I said, im glad hes gone. But ill hold Dalglish to the same critical analysis.

How you can say 6th is the best we could have hoped for when Spurs (and Chelsea to a lesser extent) have been misfiring for long periods is a joke and reeks of double standards.

Hodgson was mauled for his away form. Under Kenny we have been beaten by Blackpool, West Brom and West Ham.

I think you are confusing me with somebody else or making stuff up, ive not once talked about league position.

You think another manager can come in and turn this squad into a title challenging team?. Thats rhetorical, we both know that wont happen. What needs to happen is to bring players in with resilience in their DNA, Suarez has it. But he also has the talent. Its arguable if many of this team that finished the game have either imho.

Resilience is the ability of a team to dig in against the odds and get a result. I think some managers are capable of getting that sort of performance from limited individuals. We haven't shown that kind of determination since Benitez.

of course its unrealistic to be thinking of challenging for the title, dont be a fool.

its not unrealistic to be looking better performances and results against the likes of West Brom, West Ham and Blackpool imo.

by the way, your opening comment sounds exactly like something Roy Hodgson said before his departure. Something he was ridiculed for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement