Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WBA vs Liverpool Fc match thread

12346»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

This is why I ****ing HATE internationals at this stage of the season. It completely unbalences the team.

Very dissapointed with that result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Guess Hodgson isn't such a sh*t manager after all. :pac:

Well done Roy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Duiske wrote: »
    West Bromwich Atkinson 2 - Liverpool 1 :mad:

I'm disappointed in Atkinson today, He has a contract with us ffs. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Roy Hodgson 2 - King Kenny 1 = happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Oh dear Lord.

I love Liverpool fans.

Anyone is entitled to be annoyed when your squad is being over run by relegation cannon fodder.

However the fawning over King Kenny and the vitriol that was directed at Roy and Rafa- a man who nearly took you to the title and was slated the following season- is a joke.

You haven't won a title anything in 21 odd years. Why Liverpool fans think they should be challenging for the title is beyond me.

They should be on their knees begging Rafa to come back this summer with the club stabalised and let him do his job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Oh dear Lord.

I love Liverpool fans.

Anyone is entitled to be annoyed when your squad is being over run by relegation cannon fodder.

However the fawning over King Kenny and the vitriol that was directed at Roy and Rafa- a man who nearly took you to the title and was slated the following season- is a joke.

You haven't won a title anything in 21 odd years. Why Liverpool fans think they should be challenging for the title is beyond me.

They should be on their knees begging Rafa to come back this summer with the club stabalised and let him do his job.

That is the most generalised load if **** I've seen in a while. You seem to have taken on board only the opinions of the loudest idiots and decided that those represent all Liverpool fans. They do not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Jayob10 wrote: »
    of course its unrealistic to be thinking of challenging for the title, dont be a fool.

its not unrealistic to be looking better performances and results against the likes of West Brom, West Ham and Blackpool imo.

by the way, your opening comment sounds exactly like something Roy Hodgson said before his departure. Something he was ridiculed for.

I dont know why your knickers are in a twist sunshine.

Hodgson had us staring at relegation, KK has us vying for europe. Having said that, every man and his dog knows the limitations of this squad. Benitez got us 7th with Mascherano and Torres and theres folk who actually want him back. He didnt qualify us for europe either, we only got in because pompey werent allowed in. Not only that but benitez had 6 years. And here we are, kenny in the job 2/3 months and folk want messianic recovery, keep dreaming. It wont be with the likes of wilson, spearing, the greek, skrtel etc.

Oh dear Lord.

I love Liverpool fans.

Who said Liverpool should be challenging for the title?

Big brush you are using there. Don't include me in your generalisations thanks. :)

As for the game today....shíte.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Im no Hodgson sympathiser, but was Woy not criticised for holding this attitude?

Bare in mind he didn't have Suarez or Carroll at his disposal either, instead he had a sulking Torres.

As I said, im glad hes gone. But ill hold Dalglish to the same critical analysis.

How you can say 6th is the best we could have hoped for when Spurs (and Chelsea to a lesser extent) have been misfiring for long periods is a joke and reeks of double standards.

Hodgson was mauled for his away form. Under Kenny we have been beaten by Blackpool, West Brom and West Ham.

Now I started a discussion a few weeks back in the superthread saying which managers I thought should be approached or sounded out come the summer, but that I would take Kenny for another year if a genuine top quality manager was not available rather than go for a middle of the road option.

But Kenny's record since coming in cannot really be compared to the mess we were under Hodgson.

We have lost 3 league games under Kenny after playing 11.

We lost 9 league games under Hodgson after playing 20 games.

Under Hogdson we managed 25 points from 20 league games. That an average of 1.25 points per game, generally an average that would see a bottom ten finish.

Under Kenny we have gotten 20 points from 11 games. That's a 1.81 points per game average, which is generally the form of a team chasing fourth place and generally would give a finish between 6th and 4th.

Under Kenny we have had a dramatic turnaround in form. We have improved by roughly 50% in terms of what can be measured.

What we need come the summer is to see a set up that can see us improve on what Kenny has done, and see another increase in our points per game average and another decrease in games lost.

Is Kenny the right man for the job from next summer onwards? As I said in the superthread, my heart says yes, but my head says no.

Kenny has done what Hodgson was meant to do, and that is steady the ship. Come the summer I want to see the ship start to move forward and start a genuine rebuilding process that sees a steady rate of improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It was the fault of the players all along but it took a pathetic and vitriolic campaign to get a good man sacked for a lot of Liverpool fans to finally cop on to this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Kess73 wrote: »
    Now I started a discussion a few weeks back in the superthread saying which managers I thought should be approached or sounded out come the summer, but that I would take Kenny for another year if a genuine top quality manager was not available rather than go for a middle of the road option.

But Kenny's record since coming in cannot really be compared to the mess we were under Hodgson.

We have lost 3 league games under Kenny after playing 11.

We lost 9 league games under Hodgson after playing 20 games.

Under Hogdson we managed 25 points from 20 league games. That an average of 1.25 points per game, generally an average that would see a bottom ten finish.

Under Kenny we have gotten 20 points from 11 games. That's a 1.81 points per game average, which is generally the form of a team chasing fourth place and generally would give a finish between 6th and 4th.

Under Kenny we have had a dramatic turnaround in form. We have improved by roughly 50% in terms of what can be measured.

What we need come the summer is to see a set up that can see us improve on what Kenny has done, and see another increase in our points per game average and another decrease in games lost.

Is Kenny the right man for the job from next summer onwards? As I said in the superthread, my heart says yes, but my head says no.

Kenny has done what Hodgson was meant to do, and that is steady the ship. Come the summer I want to see the ship start to move forward and start a genuine rebuilding process that sees a steady rate of improvement.

Kess, if you read my other posts you will see that I am in full agreement with you on this point.

You will also probably know, that I am not a Roy Hodgson fan. Give me Kenny anyday over Hodgson.

But I will reserve the right to be just as critical about performances under Kenny as I was under Hodgson. And their have been some p*ss poor performances.

I do not disagree that there has been improvement, but not to the substantial degree that you say. Wins over a stuttering Chelsea and a good win over United have enabled a red tinted glasses perspective. Glossed over some dire performances.

As I have said before, the major difference has been difference with dealing with media and supporters.

Id give Dalglish the job unless we have someone major lined up, yes.

But i'd hold him up to critique as much as I did with Hodgson, and not just follow him blindly because hes a liverpool legend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

It was the fault of the players all along but it took a pathetic and vitriolic campaign to get a good man sacked for a lot of Liverpool fans to finally cop on to this.

A good man doesn't criticise his own supporters. Blame the previous manager. Blame his successor.

Well done West Brom but Hodgson is a bitter old fart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,153 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ffs I doubt anyone ever said it was anything other than a combination of both. Our squad isn't good enough and Roy wasn't good enough. Having both, we were ****ed and performed even worse than the sum of our parts. It was like inverse synergy.

With kenny, we still have the squad issue, but a very obvious improvement can be seen in the league form. It's still not enough but it was an obvious first step. The next step is keeping Kenny or finding a better manager, and sorting out the playing staff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭fulhamfanincork

Screw Dalglish - Too old, can't live on the past.

Get Mourinho in in the summer and ye'll be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

a good man, who wasn't right and would never be right for LFC.

The man has no track record.

A good man doesn't criticise his own supporters. Blame the previous manager. Blame his successor.

Well done West Brom but Hodgson is a bitter old fart.

Throw in a good man does not change his bleating excuses over and over just as he did in the build up to today's game where he blamed Dalglish for undermining him at Liverpool, despite the fact that Hodgson openly lied during this season when he claimed to have been the one to bring Kenny back into the fold at Liverpool even though Kenny came back to Liverpool during Rafa's time.

Throw in his idiotic comment after the loss in the Merseyside derby when he said that it was just another game and nothing more, and that supporters should see it the same way.

The West Brom players were the best players on the pitch today, but like you, I see their manager as a joke and one that just lies and bullsh1ts his way through interviews.

Not so much football's Mr Nice Guy as football's Mr Bullsh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Some serious throwing the toys out of the prammers and a few I told you soers on here.

Kenny was here 4 days for the Blackpool game, WH and WBA fighting relegation, no full backs on the pitch after 20 minutes. Perspective.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Kess, if you read my other posts you will see that I am in full agreement with you on this point.

You will also probably know, that I am not a Roy Hodgson fan. Give me Kenny anyday over Hodgson.

But I will reserve the right to be just as critical about performances under Kenny as I was under Hodgson. And their have been some p*ss poor performances.

I do not disagree that there has been improvement, but not to the substantial degree that you say. Wins over a stuttering Chelsea and a good win over United have enabled a red tinted glasses perspective. Glossed over some dire performances.

As I have said before, the major difference has been difference with dealing with media and supporters.

Id give Dalglish the job unless we have someone major lined up, yes.

But i'd hold him up to critique as much as I did with Hodgson, and not just follow him blindly because hes a liverpool legend.

Yes Kenny is as open to criticism as any other manger when it comes to results and his dealing the with media, but to say that there has been no substantial improvement is simply wrong.

Our points per game average has gone up by 50% since Kenny took over. That is a substantial increase.

Our rate of losing games against the amount of games played in the league has decreased by 50% since Kenny took over. Again that is a very substantial improvement.

Kenny may not be the man to lead us beyond this summer, but he has brought about some serious improvement and he has steadied a team that was steadily getting worse in terms of results and points taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I see you're still prattling on with your Roy love, when you were explained to in detail by knowledgeable Liverpool fans and some knowledgeable Utd. fans why he wasn't the right man for the job.

But hey, he's a "good man".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

The selection is what boggles me. When the f*ck is it going to be properly understood that Dirk Kuyt is hopeless in midfield. He was easily the worst player on the pitch today, he was even losing the ball when no one was near him. He's a liability in midfield as inevitably play breaks down once the ball comes to him. No touch, no technique and certainly no vision. Fair play to him he'll run, tackle and track back all day but that's not good enough for a midfielder in the premiership and certainly not with a club like Liverpool.

Up front is a different story as he shown against Utd. He'll get in those positions and poach and cause huge amounts of trouble against opposing defenders. Up front is where the man can do damage against opposition, not from midfield.

I like the man but my blood boils when I see him selected in midfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Haha!! Nonsense and pure bull****!! I'll just quote part of Kess73's post above yours.

"Kenny has done what Hodgson was meant to do, and that is steady the ship"

So after Hodgson left us three or so points above the relegation zone in January, yes January, Kenny has come in and has us looking up at a possible European spot rather than looking down at the relegation battle.

I have no problem with Roy now that he's been told to f*ck off away from a club like Liverpool. Let him be a 'good man' at a club like West Bromwich Albion which is his level.

I also find it laughable that the debate between Liverpool fans is whether we should keep Kenny or appoint a younger manager to start a dynasty. And then you have the Utd fans coming on here debating whether we should have let old Roy go in first place. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

He's at his level and good luck to him. He's making WBA hard to beat and breakdown, pity he couldn't so that with us.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Can you please explain how Roy Hodgson is a good man? Are you talking about his character or managerial abilities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Do Dalglish and Hodgson not have the same win percentage so far? In time as Liverpool manager I mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

SantryRed wrote: »
    Do Dalglish and Hodgson not have the same win percentage so far? In time as Liverpool manager I mean.

No....have a look at Kess' posts, he's covered it well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

K-9 wrote: »
    He's at his level and good luck to him. He's making WBA hard to beat and breakdown, pity he couldn't so that with us.

He's doing a fantastic job at West Brom and i think he'll keep them up. But there is a level of expectation at Liverpool that is quite different from your West Brom's, Fulham's and Blackburn Rovers.

Even this week, i've been hearing nonsense from Roy saying along the lines that Liverpool should appoint Kenny as manager cos any manager that comes in won't be allowed by the fans to manage as long as Kenny is at the club.

Is he seriously saying that even if Kenny wasn't there, he wouldn't have got the bullet for having us hovering above the relegation zone in January?

This is yet another example of how this bloke just simply doesn't get the club. He was out of his depth and if he feels that the fans were against him, he can console himself by the fact that we were proved right and he is once again down at his comfort zone, i.e in a relegation battle.

I wish Roy success, but his definition of success was never Liverpool Football Club's definition of success and therein lied the problem and the mistake of his appointment.

Advertisement