Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

grisilinea hedges

Options
  • 02-04-2011 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

wheres the best (and by that i mean cheapest )to buy grisillinea hedgeing in the south east ,need about 100 3-4 ft high
    any one ideas

thanks

ian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

IMO - anyone that has them in stock will be glad to get rid of them.

AFAIK - most griselinia have died last/this year due to severe frost and snow.

SO NOW THAT YOU HAVE THAT KNOWLEDGE you can haggle with your local supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

thanks for that piece of info dh0661,good to know
    ian

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Lost my 7 foot high rear boundary grisilinea hedge because of the cold weather...:( All thats left is dead wood. I keep hoping that it will return but I think that I will have to dig it out and replace it :(

Am looking at replacing it with maybe Laurel or Red Robin.

Good Luck anyway ianoo

DC

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Decoda wrote: »
    Lost my 7 foot high rear boundary grisilinea hedge because of the cold weather...:( All thats left is dead wood. I keep hoping that it will return but I think that I will have to dig it out and replace it :(

Good Luck anyway ianoo

DC

Me too :(. Just started taking a chainsaw to it . Loking at replacing it with Portugese Laural.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Daisy M

Decoda wrote: »

Good Luck anyway ianoo

DC
    Lost my grisellinia too, I had one red robin down 4 years its dead so beware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

I had one red robin down 4 years its dead so beware.

We have a few red robins around the garden, one in particular I thought was dead and asked my OH to dig it up.

He was about to do the dirty deed but spotted some new shoots sprouting from the seemingly dead branches.

So maybe there is hope yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭padowado

We have a beech hedge the autumn leaves are still on it
    or as i seen on tv last week beech and a varigated holly
    one beech then one holly and so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭William Powell

Shurely no one actually buys grisillinea? It roots like nothing else I know apart from willow and short lengths pushed into the ground where you want the hedge will be up and growing in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

thanks for the comments and suggestions folks ,in the end i followed ye're advice and stayed away from the bare root plants and bought plants in pots ,,all planted now and sorted

thanks

ian

Advertisement