Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of paint?

• 02-04-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

What type of paint should I use for painting the ESB box in my house?

I stripped the old paint off as it was flaking and looking shabby. I don't know what type of paint I should use. Emulsion? And do I need to paint some sort of stabiliser onto it first as the door is smooth plastic? Thanks for the advice.

K.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

You will need a specalist primer for the plastic/pvc. Scrape and sand most of the paint off, apply your primer and i'd recommend an acryilic/latex top coat. Maybe bin123 or something similar will work as a primer. Never painted a ESB box so not 100%. Check the label of primer before priming for suitability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Clean down any loose material, sand lightly to give a key, apply a coat of undercoat and finish with a coat of gloss.
    Done that loads of times and never flaked yet.
    Good luck.

Advertisement