Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Training Equipment

• 02-04-2011 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have two German Shepherd that I do a good deal of personal protection training with. I am just looking for some recommendations for websites that some of you may use to purchase training equipment, in particular quality leather muzzles.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭boardbrowser

Expensive but quality and a large range of leather muzzles to suit all shapes. www.fordogtrainers.com.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Thanks for that. Yeah the stuff looks pretty good quality alright.

Have you ever been caught for customs charges when ordering from here? Ideally I was looking for a European site in order to avoid this problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Here is an ad for an Irish supplier

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/dogs/1972623

It's called www.gear-k9.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Here is an ad for an Irish supplier
    www.gear-k9.com

Has anyone used this website??? Looks like it is very good quality...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

Ok...why muzzle? Im not being troll here...but you should only be doing protection work with dogs that are balanced otherwise it WILL and DOES backfire...

Is it just muzzles...if its sleeves, tugs, harnessess i can recommend the best..Euro Joe or Gappay...or K9 UNIT....their major sponsors of all schutzhund world championships WUSV.

• Advertisement

Expensive but quality and a large range of leather muzzles to suit all shapes. www.fordogtrainers.com.

Oh boardbrowser....they are desperate...i got a ball dropper jacket of them and went apart in 2 weeks...i couldnt believe it....Do not go near them despite how cheap they are...their the Pennys of Dog training....cheap but for a reason.:D

Galway K9 wrote: »
    Ok...why muzzle? Im not being troll here...but you should only be doing protection work with dogs that are balanced otherwise it WILL and DOES backfire...

Is it just muzzles...if its sleeves, tugs, harnessess i can recommend the best..Euro Joe or Gappay...or K9 UNIT....their major sponsors of all schutzhund world championships WUSV.

Not sure if that was directed at me K9 but I personally dont believe in using a muzzle. Not unless of course the dog is nuts and needs it :p

All I was looking for was good quality variety of harness and a couple of good tugs cheers:)!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭danlen

Galway K9 wrote: »

The dog is balanced and I have full control. The muzzle will be used during training the dog to use it in protection situations. Its pretty standard in a lot of protection training programmes.

Just a bump on this thread... has anyone used that irish site to buy from??
    http://www.gear-k9.com/ ??

danlen wrote: »
    The dog is balanced and I have full control. The muzzle will be used during training the dog to use it in protection situations. Its pretty standard in a lot of protection training programmes.

Unless just muzzle work then no its not. As protection involves bitework

• Advertisement
Advertisement