Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tramore pubs a night out

Options
  • 02-04-2011 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

so were is the best place to go in tramore on a sat night im from here but its the usual places i visit . the venue was good at the start with bands now its turned into a hip hop rnb club ?? not my cup of tea :( any ideas is the raglan road any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AndyKiely

The Raglan is alright for a bit of the trad music most nights. Not a fan personally, they have a habit of telling you to shut up so a random person in the bar can sing a tune too. Can't stand that.

Although, I was there Saturday last week and they had a DJ in there with 80s music playing, just loved it. Started playing Stairway to heaven as well and only went one minute in, I wasn't a happy bunny.

I think that The Grand is open lates now, one of the lads said to me that it was alright late spot.

The Slip is always the standby and the end of the night when the rest of the places close. Not the worst place in the world, it's usually where we end up on a night out.

A usual night for myself out in Tramore is, The Leger or my local the Ritz for a few followed by a stop and The Vic (decent music scene) or the Raglan depending on the mood, then down to the Slip.

To be fair, you probably know most of this anyway, just throwing my experiences of the places in.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

all the same really we have a loadd of pubs but still no choice :( i know of a bar i could lease . weekends only but not too sure if it would be worthwhile would like to put propper music on . a propper band and cheaper drink . something like say the old shanty

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Dreams aloud

So hard to find somewhere decent. There was a good band in o'neills Sat night, just had a few there & went home, the thoughts of heading down town just seemed like too much effort when there's nowhere much good. Having said that I do like the Vic & it's lovely in the Summer.

Agree that the Venue was good at the start but too hard to fill on a normal night & they fill it too much on the big nights. :rolleyes:

So hard to make money from a bar now i'd imagine with the cheap prices of drink in supermarkets, i'd run a mile from leasing anywhere.

yeah good input have not been to the vic in years its too posh for me lol cuil tra are back open again must go there next weak.

Yea the Vic was full of yuppies during the celtic tiger years but think most of them have come back down to earth now :D

Oh no, i hate Cuil Tra, like the bands just not the clientele, i've had more drinks spilt on me, a fella throw himself across our table knocking glasses & drinks everywhere, too many bad experiences at this stage. If the bouncers were a bit stricter i'd say they'd do much better.

• Advertisement

yeah they kinda get the crowd who maybe have been thrown out of the venue for been too drunk lol yeah usually have 1 bouncer on for like over 100 people , doesnt add up

I don't think i've ever seen the bouncers stopping anyone but in fairness he's probably under orders to get as many people in as possible to cover the cost of the expensive bands they get, considering they don't charge on the door. Can't be making much on those nights. On the other hand you have the Venue who have a cover charge & still decide to charge a fortune for drinks..one or the other please!

Tramore publicans are never going to learn! Bring back the old days of the baldy. Or the Hi-B (im a bit young for the glory days but i've heard the stories :D)

hey im only 26 myself lol . yeah i often wondered how they pay for the band say 500-800 euro for the band and then 500 euro for the bar extension , thats nearly a grand loss before the night is even started

Yea they'd have to make three times that amount before they'd even start to make anything for themselves..talk about being busy fools. At least they're putting on decent bands though, i'll give them that much..don't want to seem harsh! :rolleyes:

Anyway looking forward to seeing if anyone else has a hidden gem to tell us about in Tramore.

we will prob find out that crokes is the place to be on a sat night lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 shebzy

a person living in tramore thinks its=GREAT
    " " not " " " " " =SH*T

shebzy wrote: »
    a person living in tramore thinks its=GREAT
    " " not " " " " " =SH*T

:) sounds about the right toughts of a tramore person lol

Advertisement