Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SigNET Pro Installation

Options
  • 02-04-2011 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

I have a Europlex Signet 220 alarm system in my house. Until now I have been using the GSM module to control the alarm remotely if it goes off to reset it. I moved the telephone point today so that I can now connect the alarm system to the modem via an ethernet cable. From what I have read this should enable me to configure the alarm remotely?

I tried installing the SignetPro software from the DVD and have it running on my computer. However, when I try opening it it is asking for a password. I can't find anything in the manuals about what password to use. Is there a default one that the software uses initially? Also, if I do get the software open is there much to linking the computer to the alarm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Use your browser to log on to the web server instead

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The default password for SigNET Pro is 1111.
    Remember you need to forward port 50000 to your alarm panel.
    However remote access is easier via a web browser .If you forward port 443 you can access from any web browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

probably a newbie question but what do you mean forward port 443? how do i manage this and whats the web address to log in to the system - is it my ip address??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your IP address with https will go direct to the panel if port 443 is forwarded to the panels IP address.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭fitzie79

KoolKid wrote: »
    Your IP address with https will go direct to the panel if port 443 is forwarded to the panels IP address.

how do i forward port 443 to the panels ip address? also how do i find the panels ip address?

ps sorry for all the questions!

• Advertisement

The panels IP is set in the Comms menu.
    Port forwarding is set up on your router.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭fcukreg

I have a Europlex Signet 220P which I am in the process of wiring up.
    I don't have any expanders at the moment but might add one at a later date as I would like all sensors on individual zones (8 contact/inertias & 2 PIR + 1x RF keyfob).

Just wondering if there is a conventional way of wiring the keypad as there are several options. My inclination is to go for a closed loop (Ring) configuration.
    so;
    1A Controller -->2A Keypad
    1B Controller -->2B Keypad
    2A Controller -->1A Keypad
    2B Controller -->1B Keypad

Apart from the obvious Red=12v, Black=0v, is there a colour convention for the wiring of EBUS/RS485..?
    Also...do I need to do anything with line termination...?

I want to keep it standard as I will probably get a proper Alarm Installer to do the final commissioning.
    Thanks...

Keep it standard & just paralell all the keypads / expanders.
    On a big job with a 200 or 300 I would generally put all the Keypads on bus 1 & expanders on bus 2 & auto address.
    This is just personal preference. Any configuration is ok.
    Colouring 1 would use is
    Red +
    Black -
    Yellow 1A
    Blue 1 B

Thats all you need if they are all home runs.

Ok great thanks....makes sense...probably leaves things more flexible that way.
    So going by the keypad ref guide, page 9 (ELA1483) thats the Star configuration...?
    So;
    12v Aux Controller-->12v Keypad (Red)
    0v Aux Controller-->0v Keypad (Black)
    1A Controller -->1A Keypad (yellow)
    1B Controller -->1B Keypad (Blue)

Do I need to remove a termination jumper (J3) on the keypad..? Mentions this but doesn't say which jumper number...

No, if they are all paralled into 1A 1B they will work fine out of the box.
    Likewise leave all the addresss as they are if you are going to auto configure them.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info...keypad, PSTN modem, Ethernet fully operational now.

Just looking at the sensors now:
    All Wired as follows:
    Vibro & Vibro+Contact - Red/Black
    Tamper - Yellow/Blue

Question is where do wires go on panel...
    terminals on signet 220P are: T1-C-T2-I1-C-I2-I3-C-etc etc

My guess for front door is;
    Contact - Red-->I1
    Contact - Black-->C (I1/I2)
    Tamper - Yellow-->T1
    Tamper - Blue-->C (T1)

Rear door
    Vibro+Contact - Red-->I2
    Vibro+Contact - Black-->C (I1/I2)
    Tamper - Yellow-->T1
    Tamper - Blue-->C (T1/T2)

Any point in assigning the Tampers based on type...
    ie doors & windows on Tamper Input 1
    PIR's on Tamper Input 2...?

The T are aux tamer inputs
    C is common - between every 2 inputs
    So for zone 1 & 2 put the 2 blacks into C & a Red inti I1 & I2 same for 3& 4 etc.
    You can wire indiviual tamperes for eack zone using duel EOL wiring
    178235.jpg
    Keep the Aux Tampers for Internal etc.

Ok...I am starting to understand this better now...took some head scratching...

The guy who fitted the sensors & ran the cables normally installs HKC SW-1070's with standard wiring...i.e. No EOL as per page 7 of the SW1070 Installation manual. This works fine and saves installers time messing with resistors. The SW1070 conveniently has a separate tamper input for each zone presumably allowing the tamper to be associated with an individual zone.

Back to the Signet 220P...
    There are only two Aux Tamper inputs and they are not associated with any particular zone. Not so convenient for the installer if requirement is to have the tampers associated with an individual zone.

The only way to have the tampers associated with their corresponding zone input is to open each sensor, fit resistors, disconnect the yellow & blue tamper wires, fit short jumper wires to put tamper contact in series with the sensor contact.
    Am I correct....?

The signet comes with 2K2 resistors and defaults to DEOL so I guess this will work fine if I don't have 4K7's....? Any downside to 2K2 Vs 4K7...?

Now on to the sensors...if all above is correct (Most are standard HKC);
    I have the magnetic contact + Inertia type....
    Also have HKC wired PIR...

Anyone have a contact/terminal block wiring diagram with contact numbers & EOL info for HKC Slimline & PIR....?
    I guess these normally come as a leaflet in the sensor box but installer must have binned them & I can't find them on HKC site...

Thanks for all the help...

fcukreg wrote: »
    The guy who fitted the sensors & ran the cables normally installs HKC SW-1070's with standard wiring...i.e. No EOL as per page 7 of the SW1070 Installation manual. This works fine and saves installers time messing with resistors.
    Its also leaving the zone vunerable to a short leaving some devices in operable.
    The SW1070 conveniently has a separate tamper input for each zone presumably allowing the tamper to be associated with an individual zone.
    True but , as I said above EOL resistors should always be used.
    The only way to have the tampers associated with their corresponding zone input is to open each sensor, fit resistors, disconnect the yellow & blue tamper wires, fit short jumper wires to put tamper contact in series with the sensor contact.
    Am I correct....?
    Or add an expander , giving you extra zones for the tampers.
    The signet comes with 2K2 resistors and defaults to DEOL so I guess this will work fine if I don't have 4K7's....? Any downside to 2K2 Vs 4K7...?
    None. Also note the SigNEt can be programmed for different EOL configurations zone by zone.
    Anyone have a contact/terminal block wiring diagram with contact numbers & EOL info for HKC Slimline & PIR....?
    I guess these normally come as a leaflet in the sensor box but installer must have binned them & I can't find them on HKC site...

Im out & mobile at the moment, so I don't have access to any.
    Tell me the connections your looking at or post a pic & Ill tell you which is which.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Please find some diagrams that might help. In the HKC diagrams you will only be using the I1 C I2 and so on depending on the zone used. The dual wiring will work either system using the 2k2 or the 4k7 resistors once the zone has being set up accordingly. Example 2 in koolkids attachment shows how a PIR is wired in dual end of line.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 garry gold

Hi does anyone have a copy of the instation manual for the europlex signet 100?

I PMed you that manual. Any problems give us a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭jucko

KoolKid wrote: »
    I PMed you that manual. Any problems give us a shout.

at the expense of looking silly, forgot to top up my modem, how do I rest and put credit in it ?
    awful sorry for bothering you
    Jucko

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭jucko

jucko wrote: »
    at the expense of looking silly, forgot to top up my modem, how do I rest and put credit in it ?
    awful sorry for bothering you
    Jucko

reset, sorry

You really should be topping the sim up online.
    If you have to take the sim out you will probably need to restart the modem for the sim to initialize.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭skyblueflyer

Sorry to hack this thread, I need to replace sim card in my europlrx alarm could you pm me the manual with the codes please. Thanks

I'm presuming it's a Signet panel. I've PMed you the Siemens manual which is the same. The manual will only give you the default codes. If it's been changed we are not allowed to help you here with engineer codes.

Advertisement