Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 1 Problem

• 02-04-2011 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

My own Xbox 1 has had an Xecuter 3CE chip in it for the last few years. Went to turn it on last night, & no joy. To cut a long story short, the chip is borked. So I wanted to go the softmod route instead, I have an upgraded hdd in the xbox, & the original one too.

So I put the original one in, & it wouldn't boot (hdd lock or unlock error). I then uded xbox hdm to generate a new hdd image & format the original hdd. Still no joy, apparently the Xbox couldn't open the hdd. I needed the eeprom.bin file, which was on the upgraded hdd. I then used Xplorer360 to browse & find the eeprom.bin file on the upgraded hdd, & I rebuilt a new hdm image with this bin file in the correct place. I was then able to lock & unlock the drive via hdm.

But the console still refuses to boot, it can't open the hdd on boot. What I think is wrong is that in my eeprom.bin file, the hdd key/pwd is set at all zero's & is now mismatched to the eeprom on the xbox.

Anyone ever come across this, or know what to do? The solution probably involves a nand reader which I don't have (unless the one I got from TV works. Its a pic based one for dumping 360 nand images)...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

what error codes are you getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Error 6 I think it was, the ones that means "can't unlock hdd"...

I can lend you my x3 chip, I can have it ready for Monday, then you will be able to prepare hdd, flash eeprom and lock the hdd.

That'd be great Doc, how is the problem solved with a chip, doe sit allow you to dump the nand & use it the fix hdd's?

I'm also having another issue on my other xbox. I've softmodded it using Ndure/UnleashX with the hdm boot disc method. Everything's fine, unleashx boots etc...the only problem is I can't seem to get dual boot working in order to boot to the stock dash using the eject button.

If I press eject, the console boots, ejects the drive, & then after a brief pause the drive will close & unleashx will boot. I can boot into the stock dash from within unleashx, but if I use the file explorer & launch dash0 in the root of C, I'll get an error.

Any ideas? I seen somewhere about rebuilding C using Slayers 2.7 disc which I have...but I can't make head nor tails of the Xbox hacking forums, ego's seem to be bigger than some posters IQ's.

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    That'd be great Doc, how is the problem solved with a chip, doe sit allow you to dump the nand & use it the fix hdd's?

the x3 has its own bios with eeprom reading/flashing options. what I would do is either try to read the eeprom and see if its correct or flash new one and rebuild disc while in bios and ftp all content to it. take off the chip and you have softmoded xbox.

I will pm you tomorrow when I will get that chip and we will try to resolve the other one as well

Well I got the other one sorted using a combination of the dos & linux tools in hdm. So that's up & running now with a 200GB drive in it.

The original problem remains however, the eeprom.bin file is obviously corrupt as the hdd key is all Zero's (32 of them). So I can unlock the drive with the Linux tools & master password, but then the console can't lock the drive for booting & throws up an error 5. If I lock the drive in linux with the master password, the console can't unlock the drive on boot & throws up an error 6.

So obviously I need to get a new eeprom dump. Docentore, if I use your chip & manage to dump the eeprom, it should be a case of putting the file on a newly generated hdm cd & following the procedure as normal to restore the drive correct?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Well I got the other one sorted using a combination of the dos & linux tools in hdm. So that's up & running now with a 200GB drive in it.

The original problem remains however, the eeprom.bin file is obviously corrupt as the hdd key is all Zero's (32 of them). So I can unlock the drive with the Linux tools & master password, but then the console can't lock the drive for booting & throws up an error 5. If I lock the drive in linux with the master password, the console can't unlock the drive on boot & throws up an error 6.

So obviously I need to get a new eeprom dump. Docentore, if I use your chip & manage to dump the eeprom, it should be a case of putting the file on a newly generated hdm cd & following the procedure as normal to restore the drive correct?

I have the chip with me.

once you have it installed and running you need to upload some other eeprom.bin, doesn't matter if its original or not as long as it comes from xbox.
    install the original hdd while unlocked, restart the xbox (so the new eeprom will be loaded) and then lock it. job done!

Advertisement