Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surfing Indo/Bali

Options
  • 02-04-2011 4:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Planning on doing a surf trip for two weeks to Indo this June, most probably Bali. Wondering has anyone on here ever been, what experience they had and if they have any tips/advice?

Debating on whether to stay with a surf camp or just do my own thing rent a scooter and travel around the island staying in surf hostels?

Also does anybody know the situation with regards to buying, selling or renting boards? (Im travelling onto Oz afterwards and would prefer not to have to lug around all my boards if possible)

thanks for any help! Much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ruanaidh

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Woody_FX

Surfing is awesome there. Kuta beach has an easy beach break but is packed. Uluwatu is probably sweetest place to surf if you are able for it. I personally would travel around by myself. Accommodation is really cheap and a lot of shops renting boards. Watch out for the lady boys ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gumbynation

if you can ride a motorbike then get one, if you cant, id pay the extra and get a kijang. when driving leave only 20,000 Rp in your wallet at any time - put your cash in backpack or something - chances are you'll get pulled buyt the cops and theyll look for a bribe/fine for not having the right licence then you can offer them everything you have in your wallet. and it wont set you back too much. they usually setup on the road to ulus.
    you can stay in warungs at ulus, padang, bingin, balangan. medewi to the north of kuta has a mellow wave and theres a nice beach at baliann on the way up. some rips there though last time i was out which was a long time ago so not sure if warungs are still there.

Advertisement