Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paint for a bathroom

• 02-04-2011 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking to paint my bathroom a lime green and I'm just looking for suggestions for what kind of paint to use?

I've little to no ventilation in the bathroom, just a tiny window (that I admit, i don't always open when using the shower/bath because it makes the room very cold) so I'm looking for a paint that won't run/leave streaks when the room gets steamy.

This is a room that is prone to those black mold sploges (due to it's complete lack of ventilation) too so will that will effect the situation?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You can actually buy bathroom and kitchen paint in most of the shops likes woodies and homebase. what makes it different is it contains a fungacide to prevent mould growth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭cardwizzard

Yeah, ventillation is your prob alright. As Joey mentioned, kitchen and bathroom paint is way better in these situations than standard emulsions. Hit the affected black spots with an oil undercoat after prep to reduce the chance of them appearing again. Maybe try and get a fan installed if you can to reduce this repeating itself.

Advertisement