Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.net Software Engineer

Options
  • 02-04-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im looking for some advice on heading to Australia with my wife.

Im a .net Developer with the following experience...
    • Honours Degree in Computing & Information Systems
    • 5 Years .net Experience (4 Years Software Developer , 1 Year Release Manager)

Certifications (both old but worth putting down im sure)
    • Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD)
    • Sun Certified Java Developer (1.4)

Other
    • 6 months Project Management Experience

Im 28 years old and my wife is 33.

We are thinking of heading over for a 3 week holiday to have a quick look at Melbourne,Sydney and Perth.

My questions are as follows:

1. If I put in a visa application now can I still go on a holiday there or are there any restrictions on this? I was thinking if the application is gonna take 12-18 months it might be no harm to get it in and start the process?

2. Should I Wait until July to apply? Ive read that the requirements change every July

3. Are there any restrictions on leaving Australia once your Visa is accepted? Eg moving back to Ireland for a year at some stage and then back again etc

4. Anyone had any hassle with failing a medical over mild Crohns Disease?

5. Has anyone in my situation with similar experience got any advice on the application process?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement