Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KNOCK AIRPORT and its charges

Options
  • 02-04-2011 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭

Ok.. I willing the pay the 10 euro departure tax + the 9 euro a day parking charge.(parking seems to have gone up lately) .. But bloody hell last week after passing security they said my plastic bag for liquids was too big, it was 25x25 cms instead of 20x20 cm's They said I need to buy one of THEIR plastic bags from a vending machine...Real piss off especially since other airports never comment on the bag size of the liquids.

As for parking... Parked car at 15:00 on sunday and collected it at 17:00 on Monday and was charged 18 euros for the duration. Was traveling for work so the charge was not coming out of my pocket.. but as far as I remember it was not 9 euros last year?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Mayo Miss

http://www.irelandwestairport.com/yourtrip/liquids_regulations_faq.aspx

"Can I bring my own transparent plastic bag from home?
    Yes, we strongly encourage you to do so. The bag must be transparent, re-sealable and of a capacity not exceeding one litre. These bags are available at most local supermarkets."

"Will the airport provide a transparent plastic bag if I forget to bring one with me?
    Yes the airport will provide bags if required."

Doesn't mention the dimensions of the bag so time to get a litre bottle and see how much yours would hold. Doesn't mention that they charge for the bags either.....

With the car parking, it's €9 for 24 hours, you went over this so I suppose you were charged for a second day rather than just part of one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

The Security Guard had a sign behind saying the bag could only be 20cm x 20cm.

Yes the airport will provide bags if required. At a price.

I don't mind paying the airport charges (beats having to travel to Dublin) But to pick a person up on a small detail like the size of a plastic bag is crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭steph1

Last time I was there in November I had stuff in my hand luggage which I just forgot to put into plastic bags. She wanted me to pay the stuff was not new so I dumped it in the bin and bought what I needed when I got to Birmingham. Next time I travel I wont bring any toothpaste or perfume or other toiletries till I get to the other side. Madness having to put toothpaste into a plastic bag and be charged for it. While I am all for security etc and we have to be concerned the way the world has changed, I think now that some of this is just an excuse for somebody to make money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭overshoot

just to give a heads up, when scanning something and they find something they want to open(say though its a wrapped present), you are well entitled to make them put the item through the scanner on its own before they attempt to open it. if they still arent satisfied so be it.
    my sister is in this line of work and one time after she had let them go with a number of incorrect things she went through the staff for trying to do this (last straw job), almost made one cry!
    just though it would be a handy thing for people to know, its a bit off topic

Advertisement