Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Irvine & Paul Brady

Options
  • 02-04-2011 5:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

TG4 are airing a show about this great album on Sunday night at 10.

New Series: Andy Irvine and Paul Brady: In the second episode of TG4's series 'Spin' presenter Philip King meets up with Paul Brady and Andy Irvine to chat about the making of one of the seminal Irish albums. Contributions from producer Donal Lunny and the delightful Eithne Ní Chatháin and the added bonus of Andy and Paul playing some of the songs off the album help bring home how this music is as fresh and relevant today as it was when it was first released back in 1976.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1l8hSBqS3E

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

Ar fheabhas! Can't wait for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Just seen this thread on Paul Brady's facebook page!

Anyone know if this will be on the TG4 international player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

One more reason that TG4 should be waved at RTE in contempt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

great programme, would have been great if it could have been longer.

would I be right in saying no love lost between P Brady and Liam O Flynn (at the time they made the record), you know when andy said "this could have been the next planxty album", and paul brady was saying it was great to be free to do what they wanted........

• Advertisement

Yeah, they could have got an hour out of it imho. It'd be nice to have a show like that followed by a live show of a run through of all or some of the album.
    The music shows on TG4 are fantastic. Ceol ón gCroí etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I would not classify myself as a great fan of Irish language, having met with various degrees of violence in National school learning Irish I was lucky to have a good teacher in Secondary School who was too late to stop the rot, I only got a D in the LC because of attitude ( mine ) and lack of love of it.

Having said that I was privileged to be taught Maths at 3rd level by one of the early drivers for T na G, the precursor of TG4, Donncha O Heallaithe who teaches Maths in the School of Engineering at GMIT and is , in my opinion, a great ambassador for Irish culture and language and like most people from the Gaeltachta, does not use fear or coercion to teach or instill an interest in Irish in people in general.

The Programmes on TG4 about the US Irish Diaspora, country music, and trad/ballads etc are what appeal to me most.

As for RTE with the glorified raffle being their main offering on Saturday night what can you say? Also their talent shows are exploitative at best, too long for whats in them and too much false tension building to fill out what could be done in half an hour at best, taking 3 times as long........

As for their food and home improvement programmes???? Who has the money for that now?????

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Does anyone know if a full version of this exists anywhere to watch. I can only find a very short version with lots cut out (Below).
    Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uaTL3Ih9rs

Advertisement