Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beard Styling Help

Options
  • 02-04-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Anyone have a recommendation for a place that is good with beard styling? (city center preferred).

I tried my luck at Franko's on Maccurtain Street earlier today. Got the usual hair cut and hot towel shave but asked them to run a thin line down my jaw line to meet up with my goatee (sorry, not sure what the name of that style is). He seemed very confident he could do it but after getting home i noticed the lines are at different heights on each side.

Most likely i'm going to have to shave the entire thing off and start again from scratch.

When i make this attempt again, id rather it be in a place that specializes in such things.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Where you went is where i was going to recommend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

It's called a chinstrap. Often tried it myself but to no avail and I always end up shaving it off 2 minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Buceph

I get my beard trimmed in the Turkish Barbers in the entrance to the English Market from Patrick St.

I've never asked them to do anything fancy with a beard, just a normal trim (razor when I want it short, scissors when I want a bit of length in it.) They always do it decently. I'd say go in and ask if they can do it.

And it's a beard, doesn't take too long to grow if they mess it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

baz2009 wrote: »
    It's called a chinstrap. Often tried it myself but to no avail and I always end up shaving it off 2 minutes later.

Thanks for that - at least i can actually ask for it by name next time :)
    Buceph wrote: »
    I get my beard trimmed in the Turkish Barbers in the entrance to the English Market from Patrick St.

I've never asked them to do anything fancy with a beard, just a normal trim (razor when I want it short, scissors when I want a bit of length in it.) They always do it decently. I'd say go in and ask if they can do it.

And it's a beard, doesn't take too long to grow if they mess it up.

Nice one - ill give it a shot next month - and right you are, wont take to long to grow back at all

Cheers guys

Advertisement