Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hkc Dialout test

Options
  • 02-04-2011 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I bought an HKC SW-1070 after following a thread here and chickened out of installing it myself......it was just a new panel and ext bell I needed. I got a guy to install it and while he done a good job at a reasonable price...he finished at 11.00pm and did not hang around to give me any info on it.

I had run in an extra phone line from my UPC cable modem and as he did not have an rj11 crimper he just put a cable connector on an old bit of an lead he had spare with an rj11 already on it.

Now I am not fully confident that the dial out option is working and I see that it only works with eircom and vodaphone. My mobile is a vodaphone number with a meteor sim card. How can I test it without triggering the alarm.....is there any way of doing this.

I checked the menu map and see 1 Service Menu,3 Engineering Tools,5 Test O/P+Channels,4 Test Dialer Chanels.......would this do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Text won't work, voice will. In the comms menu under voice there should be a test call option.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Cheers Fred

Text won't work, voice will. In the comms menu under voice there should be a test call option.

Cant find "Test Call" anywhere in comms menu......???
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

DTV menu, yes. Mod service menu, yes. Scroll to make a test call.

altor wrote: »
    DTV menu, yes. Mod service menu, yes. Scroll to make a test call.

I must have a different manual......on page 23 under "SMS Menu" I got "Send Test Text"........Ill try that. Im in the right area so ill find it eventuall.......Thanks for the help folks.....its appreciated.:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Walker34 wrote: »
    I must have a different manual......on page 23 under "SMS Menu" I got "Send Test Text"........Ill try that. Im in the right area so ill find it eventuall.......Thanks for the help folks.....its appreciated.:-)

You will only be able to use the voice feature, not the text.
    Go to the panel and go into comms. DTV menu, yes. Mod service menu, yes. Scroll to make a test call.

Advertisement