Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joses record is OVER

• 02-04-2011 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Sporting Gijon of all people!!! Lost 0-1 tonight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Had to end sometime.

What an unbelieveable achievement though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Adebayor missed a sitter at the end. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Some great last ditch defending by Sporting at the end to keep Real out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

PDN wrote: »
    Adebayor missed a sitter at the end. :pac:
    He missed numerous sitters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sad to see it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Get the F*ck in there!!!! :D

a990f95238bec7ec6ce95eb641757c5e.jpg

mpreciado.jpg

mourinho2005.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

C.Ronaldo was out, Xabi Alonso was out and Benzema was too. (who scored 10 goals in his last 7 games). Higuaín coming back after for 5+ months and it showed.

In all fairness it was a very jaded Real Madrid side, against a Sporting who were 1-0 against Barca in the 70th minute at home and got the draw plus 7 clean sheets in their last 11 games. But the record is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Interestingly, that is the first game Real have dropped points at home, apart from the Barca game in April last, since May 2009! They have won every single other home game if memory serves me correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Weird how often such records end in damp squid matches like United losing at home to Fenerbache in Europe. Beware the meek, beware the meek!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Thats some record. Respect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

What a sweet win for Preciado!
    The TV mogul was joined in his condemnation by Sporting Gijón manager Manolo Preciado, though for an entirely different reason. In a Friday press conference before his side play Real Madrid in El Molinón this weekend, Preciado was visibly upset after hearing Mourinho’s comments regarding his team’s 1-0 defeat to Barcelona at the Camp Nou in September. The Portuguese claimed Preciado had fielded a weakened line-up and that “if teams gift Barcelona these games then it will be very difficult for us to win the league.”

Preciado pulled no punches in a scathing assessment of Mourinho. “I swear I wasn’t going to react to his comments at the time”, he said. “However, when I heard them again on El Larguero (TV programme) he had even elaborated on them. If it had been in England they’d have thrown him in jail. I prefer to look at it in three different ways. The first is that it was a joke, but if it wasn’t then I don’t like it. Another is that it was to try and provoke the manager of Barcelona, which is a delusion because he’s not going to respond. And lastly he is just a ‘rogue’ and a ‘bad person’.

The Sporting manager didn’t stop there: “I didn’t want to say anything because I don’t want to create a hostile atmosphere, but we are first and foremost sportsmen who also know how to win and lose. If nobody in Madrid tells this gentleman what respect is then I will. We deserve the same respect as he gets with all his titles,” he added.

When asked whether or not he would greet Mourinho before the game, Preciado said: “I offer my hand to everybody, but I’m not going to keep quiet like an idiot forever. I’ve kept my mouth shut for two months because I liked this guy. Now I don’t like him so much. I’m a professional, but he doesn’t know me because he comes from another galaxy. At the moment he almost always wins but I don’t know if he knows how to do it gracefully. I think not. But one day he will lose; it’s a long fall from the top to the bottom and some people would like to see it – and I’ll tell him to his face.”

Read more: http://soccerlens.com/mourinho-under-fire-ahead-of-sporting-gijon-clash/61061/#ixzz1IOQemb7B

Just makes it all the sweeter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

I have to LOL at the people who are having a go at Mourinho.

Somebody is unhappy there manager didn't have a 150 game, 9 year unbeaten home run.

I have to LOL at people getting butthurt on Mourinho's behalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,026 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I have to LOL at people getting butthurt on Mourinho's behalf.
    I have to lol at those that don't understand people who have respect for a great manager.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Give Barca the trophy now or later?

eagle eye wrote: »
    I have to lol at those that don't understand people who have respect for a great manager.

Pipe down brighty.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

mike65 wrote: »
    Give Barca the trophy now or later?

Or when it's mathematically impossible for anyone else to claim it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

dfx- wrote: »

Very old-school. You'll never get a job as a co-commentator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

dfx- wrote: »

Barca are streets ahead of Real

Real are a joke of a team, with a ridiculous owner. , they have as much class as a dog pissing up against car wheels.

I think this song was written with real in mind...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmyzFsYEdco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

Barca are streets ahead of Real

Real are a joke of a team,

They are 8 points behind the greatest team in the history of football. No other club in Europe would get that close
    with a ridiculous owner. ,

They are fan owned :o
    they have as much class as a dog pissing up against car wheels.

I hope you are not using Barcelona as a yard stick on how to act in a classy manner :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Stunning record.

Glad it's over though!

Advertisement