Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acomm. in Sydney Xmas/New Year

Options
  • 02-04-2011 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Am backpacking by myself in Oz from August. Not sure where I will be approaching Christmas but as a back up I'd like to have a deposit on accomodation in the Sydney area should I not end up with other plans. Looks like everywhere books up damn fast so I want to sort it now so I've a good choice. Would love your recommendations for a friendly, decent (i.e. clean & comfy) hostel in the Sydney area (not necessarily in city centre) where I'm likely to meet people but that isn't a total drunken party hostel either.

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rebel Boy

Hey. I was in Sydney in December. I stayed at a few hostels but my favourite one was Wake up. Its on Pitt Street which is very close to George Street. It is expensive but its comfy etc. if u plan to be there at Xmas and New Year book asap I'd say cause Sydney gets really expensive around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭blondie82

Thanks Rebel Boy. Yep you were right everywhere decent in Sydney was booked up already or wanted the full amount upfront. Don't mind losing a deposit but not the full amount. I now have deposits on 3 diff places! one in port douglas as there is a good chance i will be in that area. And if I decide to go back to Sydney it's either a place at the northern beaches or the blue mountains, so I can still get a train into Sydney for new years eve or whatever.
    Are you still in Melbourne? Hope it's all going well for you

blondie82 wrote: »
    Thanks Rebel Boy. Yep you were right everywhere decent in Sydney was booked up already or wanted the full amount upfront. Don't mind losing a deposit but not the full amount. I now have deposits on 3 diff places! one in port douglas as there is a good chance i will be in that area. And if I decide to go back to Sydney it's either a place at the northern beaches or the blue mountains, so I can still get a train into Sydney for new years eve or whatever.
    Are you still in Melbourne? Hope it's all going well for you

Yup I'm still there. Working away thankfully. Hoping to go travelling up 2 Queensland in mid June r early July to do the East Coast. When in August do ya arrive? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭blondie82

Arriving 20th August in Adelaide, can't wait! planning on doing the great ocean road to melbourne then looking for work. That's great you're still working :) Enjoy the east coast :)

blondie82 wrote: »
    Arriving 20th August in Adelaide, can't wait! planning on doing the great ocean road to melbourne then looking for work. That's great you're still working :) Enjoy the east coast :)

Oh I will, but won't be doing it for another bit, waiting to have a few bob saved up :). August won't be long coming around

• Advertisement
Advertisement