Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

pdf secured?????

• 02-04-2011 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

hello,

is there any way to unsecure a pdf for free.(for the purpose of printing)

i am doing a course and the email support i have with it sends me word files,pdf files at times. i print out the word files but because the pdf is secured with a program called locklizard safegaurd i cannot print them out.

i dont see the big deal i payed for a course to get the content and should have the right to print it out.

i dont wanna sell these on or anything i am only printing out stuff that i wanna revise.

i contacted the compamy that provides e mail support and they said they will do it for a fee.

i simply refuse to pay for unsecuring a bloody pdf document.

they have got enough money out of me already.

any help on this please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Can You?

Go under file and "save as text" it will put it in notebook.
    Copy paste the text to word or whatever you use.

That should be sufficient for revision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

What about taking screen shots of the pages and printing them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

But remember that unsecuring such a file for off-label use is illegal as it breaches copyright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Vista o.s. (not sure if same with other versions of Windows) has a lovely plug-in to screen-shot stuff and it does scrolling pages too for free, un-like other crappy screenshot programmes which ya only get a trial with them. The plug-in (a camera icon) sits up beside the toolbar and is handy to access and use, minimising switching between tabs, ya can then save what ya capture and change the file format to jpeg or other with various imaging/picture software if it is something you will have further use for/with. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭AustinByrnes

thanks for all your suggestions i still have not found a program that will unlock it for me. the best i can do is use the windows 7 snipping tool for screenshots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

Copy your thread title and paste it into Google and see what happens!

here a the properties of the file. see images

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭bette

Can you upload one of the files?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭MASTER...of the bra

Cnet

I've never used it.

Any luck?

• Advertisement

no luck so far i have used numerous programs like:

ADF RESTRICTIONS REMOVER
    PDF PROTECTION REMOVER
    ADOBE PDF REMOVER.

i get a similar message when trying to open the file with each program though. unable to open file .pdc file not valid pdf. or very similar to that.

as i understand it a .pdc file is just a secured pdf file. (please correct me if im wrong)

i tried the above prgrams and tried google with searches:

'unsecure pdf'
    'pdf restrictions remover'
    'pdc remover'
    'pdc to pdf conversion'

still no where. best i can do at the moment is use the windows snipping tool and save it as png or jpeg and print it out but its time consuming doing it to each document i want printed out.

response was please upload pdf files only!!

and they're too big to do screen shots of the pages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭OMG Its EoinD

cookies website works perfect thats what I used to print of LC notes that the teacher had locked ^_^ http://www.pdfunlock.com/

ye unfortunately the op's files are pdc created by locklizard software

Answerbag
    Download LockLizard

Download the newest version of LockLizard. The free program converts .pdc documents into .pdf documents. It is available directly from LockLizard.com or from the download center at Cnet.com. Follow the on-screen instructions after installation to set up LockLizard.
    Opening a Document

Click the "File" menu after opening LockLizard, and choose "Open." Locate the .pdc file you want to convert. Click "Open," and the file will appear. Enter the password you created for the document if prompted.
    Converting to PDF

Click "File," and choose "Unlock" once the .pdc file has opened. You may be asked to enter your password a second time. Wait for the program to unlock the file, and save it as a regular PDF.

Worth a shot maybe.....that there won't be a password.

Cnet locklizard free trail $2,500 to buy it!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Have you tried foxit pdf reader:? It will print most pdfs locked that I have ever tried for free. Way better than Adobe reader in my opinion and way smaller in disk space 2..

try it

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/reader/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Answerbag

Worth a shot maybe.....that there won't be a password.

Cnet locklizard free trail $2,500 to buy it!:eek:

NpkqU.jpg

Rule number one of shilling, don't use your companies name as the review author :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

If you know anyone on MacOS, get them to open it in PreView. See can they save it to a new file. I've found that PreView can circumvent the lock in some cases.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

ironclaw wrote: »
    If you know anyone on MacOS, get them to open it in PreView. See can they save it to a new file. I've found that PreView can circumvent the lock in some cases.

This thing is a seperate DRM layer, nothing to do with Adobe's own encryption so it wont open in the traditional circumvention programs

Nick

Advertisement