Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance between Rad and Counter top

• 02-04-2011 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Recently got the kitchen done.

A bit is left where a rad is with no countertop and I have some counter top left over (Ikea wood).

The top of the rad is about 82 cm and the counter top would need to go inntalled at 86, i.e. 4 cm about rad. There will be no sides or cabinets to the counter, so I won't be blocking the heat, is there any other thing I should be considering?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Will you be able to get at the radiator bleed screw?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Yep, no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭heinbloed

I'm not sure if I understand your question:

There is a radiator to be covered at the top ?

What is the point of this exercise?

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

heinbloed wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I understand your question:

There is a radiator to be covered at the top ?

What is the point of this exercise?

Provides extra counter space. It's kind of dead space at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 336 ✭✭CBYR1983

Hello,

Recently got the kitchen done.

A bit is left where a rad is with no countertop and I have some counter top left over (Ikea wood).

The top of the rad is about 82 cm and the counter top would need to go inntalled at 86, i.e. 4 cm about rad. There will be no sides or cabinets to the counter, so I won't be blocking the heat, is there any other thing I should be considering?

Thanks

How are you going to support it? 60 cm would be a fair depth to the rad.

Installing it at a higher level and using bar stools for a sort of breakfast bar is another option. IKEA sell stools and such tables so optimum height could be established from a look on their website.

Just a thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Any chance of a photo of the area in question? I'm a cabinet maker by trade and have some good ideas for different areas around the home.

Advertisement