Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

I'm getting sick of velopeloton and his wonderful photos of beautiful scenery set against the backdrop of lovely weather. If he does not desist, at least until it stops raining, I think a ban is in order.:(

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Just back from my holiday in France.
    Not a cycling holiday, just a regular one and my gite came with a MTB that was too small for me. Still made the most of it and cycled when ever I could. :)

286613_10150264607489608_603144607_7705033_3191771_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

2011-08-06%25252015.49.13.jpg

Not much of a pic, but it was a very memorable spin - 1st time on the bike since crashing back in March.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭the Lamb Post

picture.php?albumid=1773&pictureid=10337

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Not from my own cycle although I was on the bike shortly beforehand.

B4FnC.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

dave2pvd wrote: »
    2011-08-06%25252015.49.13.jpg

Not much of a pic, but it was a very memorable spin - 1st time on the bike since crashing back in March.

A guess: is there only 1 chainring on that bike? A CX bike, I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Photo taken today, somewhere in Co. Kilkenny approx. 333m ASL:

6042994636_3021aeb643_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Seweryn wrote: »

6042994636_3021aeb643_b.jpg

Is that out past Tullaroan?

jprboy wrote: »
    Is that out past Tullaroan?

Yes, I just checked the map and it is approx 5km West from Tullaroan.

Do you know this hill and do you cycle there?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

If it's near Tullaroan I should know it but I don't recognise it.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement

If it's near Tullaroan I should know it but I don't recognise it.
    On Google maps it is between Grange and Boggan.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

On Google maps it is between Grange and Boggan.

Did you climb the hill at Grange? It's fairly sharp from the Grange side.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Did you climb the hill at Grange? It's fairly sharp from the Grange side.
    Hi John,

Yes, I did and I liked it very much. I started from home, went through Ballycallan and the Kilmanagh hill, then I climbed all the way to the top of that hill on the photo - the climb actuall starts just outside Kilmanagh if you take left after the hill in the village towards Tullaroan, but you take left just 200m after you left Kilmanagh.
    Then I cycled East and finally found myself in Kilkenny (cycled through some roads I never seen before :eek:). On the way to Kilkenny, I had some nice tail wind and I was flying. It was the nicest moment of the day :).
    From Kilkenny I cycled to Kells, then through some country roads I landed on the road between Knocktopher and Kilmoganny and I climbed that looong hill we did on Friday and then the same way as MCC sign posted. I enjoyed the evening very much. The wind was against me at the last bit, but it only made me stronger :D.
    I covered 100km and 150m in total and ran out of fuel (I had only one tank filled).

Raam wrote: »
    A guess: is there only 1 chainring on that bike? A CX bike, I assume.

That's right Raam, on both counts.

Can't ride 110psi tyres yet. The CX bike is a lot less jarring. And afterall, 'tis the season - almost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Lemag wrote: »
    Not from my own cycle although I was on the bike shortly beforehand. http://i.imgur.com/B4FnC.jpg
    Climbing Patricks Hill at the finish of the Tour de Munster? Any more photos :)?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

dave2pvd wrote: »
    That's right Raam, on both counts.

Can't ride 110psi tyres yet. The CX bike is a lot less jarring. And afterall, 'tis the season - almost.

Feck, 6 months off the bike? Or have you been on the turbo in the interim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

Beautiful day for cycling yesterday

Rofo wrote: »
    Beautiful day for cycling yesterday
    Had flipping tights on me in Limerick on Sunday morning. Global warming me arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

langdang wrote: »
    Climbing Patricks Hill at the finish of the Tour de Munster? Any more photos :)?
    It sure is. I've got about 40 more. Quality isn't great with most of them though. I'll stick them up somewhere and post a link to them when I get a chance.

Raam wrote: »
    Feck, 6 months off the bike? Or have you been on the turbo in the interim?

I reinvented myself as a runner for a while. Enjoyed a couple of surgeries. Immersed myself in the tedium of physical therapy. Got reacquainted with my family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I am currently riding south along the eastern edge of the Tibetan Plateau from Litang, Sichuan to Shangri-La, Yunnan (and then on to Kunming where I get a visa for Vietnam.) This area is ethnically and historically Tibetan, but not restricted to foreigners like the TAR (except when it is, the police tried to kick me out of Litang a few days ago but I ignored them and the problem went away.)

My campsite the first night out of Litang was at ~4,450m in a thunderstorm; I wore every piece of clothing I had and put my overshoes on over two pairs of socks. I've had a few passes at 4,700m and an extended plateau at 4,600m. I really notice the lack of oxygen, it is difficult to ride a bike. That I have been basically off the bike the last three months doesn't help either. Getting back into it now though. I am in Xiangcheng, halfway to Shangri-La. The first 200km were paved, the next 200km is mud- and back up from ~2,650m to ~4,450m... twice.

My route from Litang to Kunming:

route-histogram-593554.jpg

According to ridewithgps.com it is mostly downhill :)
    Elevation: + 46205 / - 48312 m

170830.JPG
    170831.JPG
    170832.JPG
    170833.JPG
    170834.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭jprboy

Yes, I just checked the map and it is approx 5km West from Tullaroan.

Do you know this hill and do you cycle there?

No, I don't know it but based on the elevation I reckoned it had to be out that direction.
    Also the hills of Tipperary in the background - Keeper Hill, Silvermines Mountains, Devil's Bit range - and the wind turbines near Lisheen (pictured in top right hand corner) meant it was almost certainly in that area.

I recently discovered this forum and love it; it's making me itch for the road! And that photo has added to the itch!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 kemase

11%2B-%2B1
    View to the Reeks from Ballaghisheen Pass on Sunday morning.

Blorg, class photo's - the one of the family is great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭oflahero

langdang wrote: »
    Blorg, class photo's - the one of the family is great. :)

Squint your eyes and the little fella being held by his dad could be wearing a lopsided cycling helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭karlmyson

Patrick's Hill in Cork on Sunday last, the grand finale of the Tour de Munster, 650km in 4 days.

Phil2me on the front right looking at the ground, me behind him in the blue top looking to my right.

Same place, different day - today. The evening was fabulous:

6051007476_d7e19f6022_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Lemag wrote: »
    Not from my own cycle although I was on the bike shortly beforehand.

B4FnC.jpg
    Apart from that familiar grimace, the Vitus frame and Specialized gear are a giveaway. Where was this taken? looks steep. Patrick's Hill? Reminds me of his epic break in the rain with Sean Yates in the Nissan Classic Anyone remember that one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

Glen of Aherlow, November 2010

Aherlow.jpg

Advertisement