Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fatbiker

blorg wrote: »
    I am currently riding south along the eastern edge of the Tibetan Plateau from Litang, Sichuan to Shangri-La, Yunnan

Dear Jesus! I am trying to get past 16k on my daily cycle! Your trip is awe-inspiring, impressive, amazing and totally depressing!!! Do you have ablog somewhere I could follow your trip?

FB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

sy wrote: »
    Apart from that familiar grimace, the Vitus frame and Specialized gear are a giveaway. Where was this taken? looks steep. Patrick's Hill? Reminds me of his epic break in the rain with Sean Yates in the Nissan Classic Anyone remember that one?
    Lemag wrote: »
    langdang wrote: »
    Lemag wrote: »
    Not from my own cycle although I was on the bike shortly beforehand.
    Climbing Patricks Hill at the finish of the Tour de Munster? Any more photos smile.gif?
    It sure is. I've got about 40 more. Quality isn't great with most of them though. I'll stick them up somewhere and post a link to them when I get a chance.
    It's pretty much the steepest part of the hill. I'd positioned myself there so that I could optimise my photo oportunities what with the riders going slower an' all. My photos were still crap though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

The view from the top of Glean na Gealt on the Dingle Peninsula yesterday evening looking back into Tralee Bay

282df79.jpg

And looking out the bay from Blennerville bridge on the way back home

2hmd7iw.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Fatbiker wrote: »
    Dear Jesus! I am trying to get past 16k on my daily cycle! Your trip is awe-inspiring, impressive, amazing and totally depressing!!! Do you have ablog somewhere I could follow your trip?

FB
    http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/ivan

Hasn't been updated since Istanbul. Life, cycling and a French girl got in the way. I mean to get it updated "soon" but have been intending that for a while. I am on a schedule to get to Hanoi where I need to pick up a new passport but plan to put a week aside to get the last year together at some point in the next few months (I don't want to get to Australia mid-summer so have some time to spend on the way... Burma and North Korea are possible diversions.)

As to your 16km, keep at it, despite why they say it DOES get easier, a hell of a lot easier! I lost six stone cycling myself 12 years ago, complete lifestyle change.

EDIT: I also started on my "serious" cycling with a Trek 7200FX. I hope you have a good limit on the credit card for what comes next!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

Lourdes this morning
    lourdes-omex-lau-16.jpg

Just outside Lourdes, looking up the Lavedan Valley towards Col du Soulor.
    lourdes-omex-lau-6-2.jpg

2km from home, looking up the valley to Col du Tourmalet and Luz Ardiden.
    lourdes-omex-lau-7-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

^^ Utterly stunning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

Lourdes this morning
    lourdes-omex-lau-16.jpg

Just outside Lourdes, looking up the Lavedan Valley towards Col du Soulor.
    lourdes-omex-lau-6-2.jpg

2km from home, looking up the valley to Col du Tourmalet and Luz Ardiden.
    lourdes-omex-lau-7-2.jpg
    Fantstic view! You must be right beside the runway..Flew in there the other day. Cityjet now do direct flights from Dublin and I'm pretty sure your bike travels free. Hoping to go down for a few days soon and tackle dem bumps:)

ckeego wrote: »
    Fantstic view! You must be right beside the runway..Flew in there the other day. Cityjet now do direct flights from Dublin and I'm pretty sure your bike travels free. Hoping to go down for a few days soon and tackle dem bumps:)

Cityjet fly to Pau from Dublin. It is about 50 minutes away.

Cityjet fly to Pau from Dublin. It is about 50 minutes away.

We are also flying to Lourdes too!!

Otherwise I landed in the wrong place last week:):)

We are also flying to Lourdes too!!

Otherwise I landed in the wrong place last week:):)

I have seen Cityjet in Lourdes but thought it was charter flights. The website says Dublin Pau but does not mention Lourdes, would be great if it was, only 20 minutes away.
    http://www.cityjet.com/destinations/

• Advertisement

I have seen Cityjet in Lourdes but thought it was charter flights. The website says Dublin Pau but does not mention Lourdes, would be great if it was, only 20 minutes away.
    http://www.cityjet.com/destinations/

You are 100% correct..It IS a charter flight but we have had a few pax on board both going down on cycling trips and coming back..Some flew to Lourdes on the religious charter through Joe Walsh, others flew through Pau...

Met a lovely group of fellas who had cycled across and back the Pyrenees into Spain and came back with us to Dublin from Pau recently..They had a ball!

Really looking forward to getting down that area soon, be it through Pau or Lourdes Tarbes...Beats the Caha Pass in 10 degrees in the middle of "Summer"!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Some flew to Lourdes on the religious charter

Sure a prayer or two before climbing those bad boys would do no harm :)

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Sure a prayer or two before climbing those bad boys would do no harm :)

The Hand of God (on the seatpost!) WHILST climbing dem dere hills would do no harm!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Photos from today's cycle around North Clare...

corkscrewhill.jpg

Looking down to Ballyvaughan from Corkscrew hill

blackheadlighthouse.jpg

Blackhead lighthouse near Fanore.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭the Lamb Post

Up in Tollymore or Moneyscalp... not sure which :o

picture.php?albumid=1773&pictureid=10432

picture.php?albumid=1773&pictureid=10433

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

Is that ^^^ the source code that'll allow us to experience the cycling of the week ourselves?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭coastwatch

Boatstrand, Co.Waterford this evening (As seen on the Sean Kelly Tour 90K.. if you look back)
    171864.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭rigal

Lough Bray, Wicklow yesterday morning

171873.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Taken a few weeks ago on the way from the Sally Gap to Roundwood. I like the idea of the danger sign and the bike together :o

Edit: Wrong photo attached. Correct one up now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    Taken a few weeks ago on the way from the Sally Gap to Roundwood. I like the idea of the danger sign and the bike together :o

Did you take that when you stopped to get sick?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

Raam wrote: »
    Did you take that when you stopped to get sick?

Be careful or someone might accidently get in your way tomorrow evening pal...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

Us being held up by road traffic! :P I'm on the left.

303743_2374137952159_1211858067_32885473_7045113_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

Taken on my recent spin into the hills of North Cork.
    Yeah I know, Non-drive side fail. I was tired.
    picture.php?albumid=1770&pictureid=10503

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Start of the SKT (what a beautiful day for a.............bit of torture!!):

3CDEA0B4561C4A65880B4E611CCDD9AC-0000318644-0002517730-00640L-BF7A62C201584085AC121DC77177D216.jpg

Near the top of torture No. 3, one more to go :pac:

8728F9E4789A4A58882C03BE9B708F00-0000318644-0002517732-00640L-E089C1139FCE4D5CBD6B08CF208C9105.jpg

Finally, ach, time for a Guinnnnesssss :cool:

BCBC29DCA7CA417E9354B6DF66BEAF9E-0000318644-0002517731-00640L-65E3B325CFD14DDC908E5C15A035838D.jpg

Outside Lourdes this morning.
    lavedan-valley-2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Rofo

Taken up by the Featherbeds last Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭b.harte

Taken at the scenic Donore Recreation area just below Kilcorney Co. Cork today. Took a look around on my way up the mountain. Lovely spot. Drive side fail occurred a few minutes later when I snapped my dérailleur hanger in a spill.
    photo0632mn.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

First trip up Mt Leinster. Corrabut Gap was tough.

2011-09-08%2011.25.00Resize.jpg

2011-09-08%2011.41.46Resize.jpg

An attempt at a panoramic - pity there was so much mist
    2011-09-08%2011.43.40Resize.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

DrZeuss, did you attempt the mast?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Advertisement