Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Short spin around Slea Head and Mt.Eagle today.
    20150315_160212_1_zpsycls2758.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Stocking up for tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

OldBean wrote: »
    Stocking up for tomorrow...

I've 5 11 year old girls on a sleep over as it's my daughter's birthday. I might need your bidon before the night is out................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Taking a break in the dunes at Portmarnock.... (I might have needed to pee lol)

342241.jpg

342242.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Not exactly "on my cycle" but soon will be, build day on my trail.

10948711_891061980961206_1786398832_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭nilhg

First (and second) time up Turlough Hill this year today,

IMAG1512.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭monkeyslayer

Some Wicklow from my Instagram from today and a couple of weeks ago

313hqv6.jpg

n5sg14.jpg

2uji543.jpg

264nh42.jpg

24d0x3p.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

JJJJNR wrote: »
    Not exactly "on my cycle" but soon will be, build day on my trail.

10948711_891061980961206_1786398832_n.jpg

Potential for a great berm there

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,198 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Some Wicklow from my Instagram from today and a couple of weeks ago

24d0x3p.jpg

Is this the shop in Brittas reopened? I made a stop there last summer to get some liquids and it was all shut up. An elderly lady who lived in one of the cottages took pity on us and brought us into her house to get water, she even offered us tea and cake. She may have been an angel, now that I think of it.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    Is this the shop in Brittas reopened? I made a stop there last summer to get some liquids and it was all shut up. An elderly lady who lived in one of the cottages took pity on us and brought us into her house to get water, she even offered us tea and cake. She may have been an angel, now that I think of it.

Yea was closed today but looks to be back in action alrite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Potential for a great berm there

yah thanks, its work in progress, hopefully have it finished for the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Where exactly are pictures 3 and 4 from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭laraghrider

Yea was closed today but looks to be back in action alrite

It is back in action. Opens 7-7 weekdays. Little less on weekends.

Zyzz wrote: »
    Where exactly are pictures 3 and 4 from?

Both on the last approach to the sally gap, the snowy one from the Manor Kilbride side, the other from the Lough Tay side.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭darkvalley

The Horseshoe
    342324.jpg

Bicycle, seaside, sunshine(ish), coffee, fags and grass verge to lie down on. Whats not to like!
    342325.jpg

Glencar
    342326.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

darkvalley wrote: »

Bicycle, seaside, sunshine(ish), coffee, fags and grass verge to lie down on. Whats not to like!

Hows the Genesis working out, darkvalley? Its a beaut.

Hows the Genesis working out, darkvalley? Its a beaut.

It's a great bike to travel on, I'm delighted with it. I built it up specificly for comfort and traveling long distances. It's not light, coming in at 10.8kgs but that is with everything on it (mudguards, rack, dynamo, lights, cages, pump, pedals and b17 saddle) except the bags so was well pleased with that. I recently changed the tyres to gp 4seasons 28mm from 25mm. Cant notice any difference in rolling resistance, comfort or look from the 25s.
    I have pretty much the same position on this bike as i have on my Cube peleton race. Cube is 62cm with 115mm stem and equilibrium is 58cm with 100mm stem! I really don't understand bike geometry so don't know why they should feel the same, but lucked out with a very comfortable bike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

It's a great bike to travel on, I'm delighted with it. I built it up specificly for comfort and traveling long distances. It's not light, coming in at 10.8kgs but that is with everything on it (mudguards, rack, dynamo, lights, cages, pump, pedals and b17 saddle) except the bags so was well pleased with that. I recently changed the tyres to gp 4seasons 28mm from 25mm. Cant notice any difference in rolling resistance, comfort or look from the 25s.
    I have pretty much the same position on this bike as i have on my Cube peleton race. Cube is 62cm with 115mm stem and equilibrium is 58cm with 100mm stem! I really don't understand bike geometry so don't know why they should feel the same, but lucked out with a very comfortable bike.

10.8 kg is not that bad at all, considering its purpose. Been eyeing up the SS model but am wondering if there's any advantage with it - might just go with the 725 steel. Would be for the same usage as yourself. Is it built up with Campy or Shimano ?

Edit - looks like Shimano !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

10.8 kgs is not bad at all. Lovely bike.
    Cube seem to be in a world of their own, when it comes to sizing.

• Advertisement

Is it built up with Campy or Shimano ?

Edit - looks like Shimano !

Ye Shimano. A triple tiagra. If I had plenty of money I would have gone for 5800 105, but got a great second hand full Tiagra groupset here from Hepennebacker at a great price. Glad I was cash strapped now as it is a fine groupset and probably better suited to my task than the 105.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Lovely day for a ride to the zoo! Watching animals is an exhausting thing to do.

342376.jpg

Beautiful day for a cycle.
    16855944061_758efad530_h.jpg

16855944171_2fd0ee30ad_h.jpg

11055785_393954087452261_1456037485_n.jpg

10955101_925473147483967_913454392_n.jpg

I'm loving this mist.

It's a great bike to travel on, I'm delighted with it.

May I have seen you yestereday between Dolphin's Barn and Portobello, eastbound? I struggled to keep your pace on a cargo bike and with my kid in a seat on the back, but somehow all lights were green over a few bridges and did not manage to start a chat ;)

Lovely bike.

Alek wrote: »
    May I have seen you yestereday between Dolphin's Barn and Portobello, eastbound? I struggled to keep your pace on a cargo bike and with my kid in a seat on the back, but somehow all lights were green over a few bridges and did not manage to start a chat ;)

Lovely bike.

No not me. I was out cycling yesterday and when I got home it felt like I had been to Dolphin's Barn, but I am based in North Leitrim. Oh and when I'm out cycling very few people struggle to keep my pace, cargo bike or not!;)

Anyway, you have a lovely bike! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

First across the line at The Des Hanlon today. Well kind of ;) Fantastic turn out. Big group of A1/2s

20150322_130239_zpsdcd5gqhb.jpg

Advertisement