Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Carpenter wrote: »
    So where exactly are you right now

In a hotel in Tan Tan, the real fun starts tomorrow. I'll be rolling out of here with enough water and food to throw a pool party. It's actually more mentally tough than physically. When you can see to the horizon in front of you every km feels like 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

In a hotel in Tan Tan, the real fun starts tomorrow. I'll be rolling out of here with enough water and food to throw a pool party. It's actually more mentally tough than physically. When you can see to the horizon in front of you every km feels like 10.

Man I would love to do that keep us up too date will you chap

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dermur

blorg wrote: »
    I was in Kunming only a few weeks ago. Where are you staying? Have you found the noodles utterly addictive yet? (Pho here in Vietnam can be nice but just NOT the same as Yunnan noodles, that stuff is like cocaine.)

Agreed - Yunnan rice noodles & minced pork. Forget Super Noodles! You can never go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

Canis Lupus, what's your route? I'm currently considering the practicalities of a north african and european route through france, spain, morocco, western sahara, whatever west african countries aren't engulfed in civil war, central africa and home along the nile, through the near east, turkey and Europe.
    Would be very interested in hearing from somebody who has first hand experience of navigating in Africa as so far I haven't ridden my bike any further than the Slovenia and I have a feeling that the rough side of the congo basin is a step up from the civilised end of the balkans.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭dermur

meercat wrote: »
    yeah thats it
    great little coffee shop beside it for tea
    say hello to the owner
    very welcoming to cyclists

Finally made it over to Fore today. Discovered the 8th wonder...didn't get rained on!

178262.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

waiting for the ferry in sorento at this weekends Around the Bay ride (melbourne).

not the best photos, but a weird sight all the same.

178277.jpg

178278.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Fatbiker

I'm just back from a week's holiday in Sorrento and I was amazed at the number of cyclists around there braving the traffic and the hills! Respect!:rolleyes:

rocstar wrote: »
    Torr Head, Antrim

Carnlough, Antrim
    6199721507_085f9c9b4b_b.jpg

Great pics Rocstar. I was in that area a few weeks ago and regretted not having my bike with me, for the flat coastal bit anyway. May I ask, and apologies if you're tired answering this, but what camera are you using for these shots? FB

+1. Awesome. Looks like the second part is shaping up well :)

Where can I see this journal Blorg's Dublin to Istanbul trip? I have been mentally planning a similar trip. Must read this journal! Overawed by the adventurers on this thread! Great respect!:) FB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Fatbiker wrote: »
    Where can I see this journal Blorg's Dublin to Istanbul trip? I have been mentally planning a similar trip. Must read this journal! Overawed by the adventurers on this thread! Great respect!:) FB

Here you go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

Great pics Rocstar. I was in that area a few weeks ago and regretted not having my bike with me, for the flat coastal bit anyway. May I ask, and apologies if you're tired answering this, but what camera are you using for these shots? FB

Its a lovely place to cycle. That whole stretch from Larne around to Portstewart is great.

Not at all - its a Panasonic Lumix TZ10. Decent enough lens for a compact and fits well in a jersey pocket. Those pics are cropped and adjusted for exposure/ colour saturation in iphoto.

Its a lovely place to cycle. That whole stretch from Larne around to Portstewart is great.

Not at all - its a Panasonic Lumix TZ10. Decent enough lens for a compact and fits well in a jersey pocket. Those pics are cropped and adjusted for exposure/ colour saturation in iphoto.

Cheers. I have been considering a TZ18 or 20 so that looks very encouraging. FB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

lg123 wrote: »
    waiting for the ferry in sorento at this weekends Around the Bay ride (melbourne).

not the best photos, but a weird sight all the same.

Did you do the 210km route? How was the event? Am thinking of combining a trip home to Melbourne with doing Around the Bay in a Day (although maybe not the 210km route!).

Vélo wrote: »

Fantastic, thanks. Just spent most of the evening reading that. Amazing story. Feel a bit discouraged about my own pathetic progress and plans.

BTW, what is 'chamois cream' for?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

mel.b wrote: »
    Did you do the 210km route? How was the event? Am thinking of combining a trip home to Melbourne with doing Around the Bay in a Day (although maybe not the 210km route!).

done the 210km clockwise route, it was a good day. the anti-clockwise route is more popular due to the boring ride down to geelong coming in the morning rather in the evening when your tired.
    this year the clockwise was better as we had strong westerlies carrying us from geelong into the city.

it was more mentally challenging than physical, its a long day to keep the motivation up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Some pics from France last month.

305447_10150433252162932_569117931_10574260_2003394724_n.jpg

312280_10150433245342932_569117931_10574201_1012147683_n.jpg

317010_10150433251662932_569117931_10574256_1906836395_n.jpg

295900_10150433248077932_569117931_10574224_240325895_n.jpg

310882_10150316207568654_628583653_7769217_1335941978_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Second photo looks like boyracer heaven, if it was Ireland there would be a cm of burnt off tyre at each corner...

I'm just back from a week's holiday in Sorrento and I was amazed at the number of cyclists around there braving the traffic and the hills! Respect!:rolleyes:

Doh! I thought you meant Sorrento, Italy! Arggh! FB :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Here are my 2cents worth of photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/105171181803113268313/October182011#

can't figure out how to get picasa pics directly in thread despit lemags suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭meercat

Here are my 2cents worth of photos:

https://picasaweb.google.com/105171181803113268313/October182011#

can't figure out how to get picasa pics directly in thread despit lemags suggestions.

Upload your picture to Tinypic. It will give you a URL, just copy the URL and paste it here(have to thank bitemybanger for that advice)
    after a few tries it worked for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭buffalo

I was in Kunming only a few weeks ago. Where are you staying? Have you found the noodles utterly addictive yet? (Pho here in Vietnam can be nice but just NOT the same as Yunnan noodles, that stuff is like cocaine.)

Stayed in the wonderful Cloudland for a few days. Noodles were great, wasn't impressed by Yunnano cheese though. In Vietnam now, don't have much time, so gotta keep moving!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Fantastic, thanks. Just spent most of the evening reading that. Amazing story. Feel a bit discouraged about my own pathetic progress and plans.

BTW, what is 'chamois cream' for?
    Thanks. Chamois cream is to lubricate your arsé. Lubrication between the pad in your shorts and your arsé prevents chafing, which can cause saddle sores. You don't necessarily need it, but it can add to comfort. I personally don't need it unless I am doing 160k+ days back to back. However if I am doing 160k+ days back to back I very much do need it. I discovered this around day three of the first time I tried 160k+ back to back (Tour of Ireland.) If you can't get it Vaseline works fine (or the Iranian equivalent, imaginately titled "Vaselina," which I am still using a small pot of.)

178607.jpg
    Supertacky tyres, lowish pressure and smooth riding style FTW!
    178608.jpg
    Really shocked at appalling quality of HTC Desire S camera...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

langdang wrote: »
    Really shocked at appalling quality of HTC Desire S camera...

Try taking the battery cover off, makes a dramatic improvement for the original Desire.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

A couple from this evening, Cratloe, Co Clare

Image0444.jpg

Cratloeestury3.jpg

Biopace wrote: »
    A couple from this evening, Cratloe, Co Clare
    Hmmmmmm, must make it up there some evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Another spin in the hills of NP :)
    Nice day after a full week of rain

2011-10-20111625.jpg
    Mt Taranaki, exceptionally clear day. Looking almost directly south at it.
    Bottom right has a off road motor bike track too

2011-10-20115752.jpg
    Pink flowers everywhere

2011-10-20121251.jpg
    Cutting on crazy mountain road, too narrow for two cars in places. First time up there there was a falcon picking at roadkill in the middle of the road, not fast enough to get a pic though

2011-10-20130330.jpg
    Back down at sea level

2011-10-20130333.jpg
    Looking left from the above

2011-10-20130627.jpg
    Surf beach, just up from the last photos

2011-10-20130632.jpg
    The mountain again from the South West, looking North East at it

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

2011-10-20115752.jpg
    Pink flowers everywhere

Jacaranda mimosifolia :)

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Sr. Assumpta

Is it yet too soon to worry that Canis Lupus has been hijacked by Somali bike-pirates ???

• Advertisement

Thanks. Chamois cream is to lubricate your arsé.

Thanks for that. I suspected as much. I won't need it for a good while then!:rolleyes:

Advertisement