Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

There's a bike in here somewhere?

Loughnafooey_zps8gmplpor.jpg

Dats Limerick Citaay!
    datslimerickcitay_zpsvgtijq4l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

2m35qpf.jpg

Hadn't been on the old Back Road at the Airport for years.

ilhl5u.jpg

Good fun racing Air Canada :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Lough Bray

Lough%20Bray_zpsyczuwtqr.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

2m35qpf.jpg

Hadn't been on the old Back Road at the Airport for years.
    minor trivia - weldon's on ballymun road (not too far from the side entrance to DCU) is known as the slipper because it used to belong to the same family and was the boot's sister pub.

minor trivia - weldon's on ballymun road (not too far from the side entrance to DCU) is known as the slipper because it used to belong to the same family and was the boot's sister pub.

And The Comet, The Vicount and The Pilot not too far away were all close relatives too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,421 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

actually, i don't know any of those...

actually, i don't know any of those...

The first two are on the Swords Road in Whitehall and The Pilot is now The Goose Tavern off Grace Park Road. They all date from an era (the 60's) when flying was glamorous as opposed to being a chore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Probably a bit of a cheat, but I was on holidays and there was a 'cycling' activity arranged by the hotel for an hour on a Sunday - so I signed up. Turns out it was just me and the guide - and it was just a gentle 5km spin - we did it in 30mins, but the views where amazing ...

Paddy

--
    394801.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

.... They all date from an era (the 60's) when flying was glamorous as opposed to being a chore!
    The Comet and Viscount being the names of Aer Lingus planes at the time.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Couple of shots from the off road bit of today's spin, between Kilmac and Roundwood

395527.JPG

395528.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wuzziwig

Top of Corker Hill in the Burren.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Baldoyle Estuary this morning over looking Sutton Golf Club with the islands behind

o63izaDE-BJERROkOHnQReG4ItTQRcKqe9Yf_V76BrVkM-sbZ8a5GaPO0krAi11UvfVevPKcsbxebsHjt9QX5fwf52Rmi85D28HLX1zh3w-cI-Urw2PdkPi3P4W0__BGvMtgS6RextD9koDdJ5vYT7EnXkIWYKZbK_ieXqzuTs2j1tkSzLRsLfX2oM_QyjP4PA7kPg2kA_OUgiSUzFLSJqJUrtBzVBgT9ZLZZM_AEe3ctxtjMhuUBy6XjS78uuSUNtuSgPDvkaPUIRH5ZFpw9YrLSttIAVuWF2On0iSn0-WynYBYlDJah0ubIRlRsLkwQY_bgnucElQHk86Hd0jXOFt0jFc2oWj1l-H4RaOFULHLuQ5bZiqtEOQAU5NyeuS6zLCrk0gDp7qcHjsK5Xr_BeRAx2OrWXJDYulGHQT1hcHPvo8pw7fRdPs5zshZCuVZ22GVcueiqrl3oOd10d6u_v4HqwXPiQI-TUTBNQNZUP6XfGGzicPTm9TEyC-eYRpO5MZo9nUA94P1WPl6KB_DZx_jLrBA5Ik4O8AJwNG4KIv-iQVJH3Abu8xqxpeHR3F-6g4GE_BpdoLcnh8VXzvs46j-gqDa-FVYc9AEZiUvpTcjFcqi=w1620-h911-no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭tonyheaney

Some amazing photos here I may have to dig my bike out and do it also. It's been in the garden since i got a car 3 years ago shame on me. Lads may i have you permission to she these wonderful photos on my facebook please :) I will credit you of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

14192701_1083572655057391_4669979572373624593_n.jpg?oh=af68e364da07315b7d7da307042e4303&oe=584EC547&__gda__=1482207715_db7b97430710246e0a51a25813d56de2

Not mine (edit Photographer Erik Scraggs )spotted on FBook ...From a Dublin City Triathlon on yesterday in Dublin's Phoenix park.

I have been up the Khyber lots and always slow down for the deer ..well that Hill helps :P

PS. Hope the rider is OK no laughing matter ..as I know some of you slag "Triathlon" folk

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thejaguar

DominoDub wrote: »

Not mine spotted on FBook ...From a Dublin City Triathlon on yesterday in Dublin's Phoenix park.

I have been up the Khyber lots and always slow down for the dear ..well that Hill helps :P

PS. Hope the rider is OK no laughing matter ..as I know some of you slag "Triathlon" folk

Was considering posting this photo myself - but thought I'd be breaking too many "rules"....
    According to the story on RTE the chap managed to finish the race - nothing more than a few bruises and a cracked helmet.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0829/812657-stag-collides-with-cyclist-duringphoenix-park-race/

thejaguar wrote: »
    Was considering posting this photo myself - but thought I'd be breaking too many "rules"....
    According to the story on RTE the chap managed to finish the race - nothing more than a few bruises and a cracked helmet.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2016/0829/812657-stag-collides-with-cyclist-duringphoenix-park-race/

Its all over facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

thejaguar wrote: »

Something similar was captured on film in South Africa

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

Glencree Valley
    395749.jpg

Near "The Wall"
    395750.jpg

Lovely evening, but the light is fading ...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Well earned today :)

http://i.imgur.com/vNccwJ0.jpg

route66 wrote: »
    Glencree Valley
    395749.jpg

Near "The Wall"
    395750.jpg

Lovely evening, but the light is fading ...

Morning route66

Do you mind if i share your wonderful photos on my facebook g :)

• Advertisement

tonyheaney wrote: »
    Morning route66

Do you mind if i share your wonderful photos on my facebook g :)

No Problem! Doubt if you want to use the one below though ... :eek:

Not the way you want to end a pleasant day on the bike :(

396238.jpg

396238.jpg

Ouch did you get hurt?

Posting it to www.facebook.com/groups/IrelandHeritageGazette/ :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Ouch did you get hurt?

Posting it to www.facebook.com/groups/IrelandHeritageGazette/ :)

Might have broken a nail. :D

Looks to be only a puncture and a messy work man ;)

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Might have broken a nail. :D

Looks to be only a puncture and a messy work man ;)

Exactly right! The last time it happened, it was just as messy - link :D

327313.jpg

Sally Gap on Sunday.

I've reduced the picture size, but on the original, the signs for Glencree are badly shot-up. Isn't that where the peace and reconciliation centre is :eek:

crikey looks like a bad crash

327313.jpg

Sally Gap on Sunday.

I've reduced the picture size, but on the original, the signs for Glencree are badly shot-up. Isn't that where the peace and reconciliation centre is :eek:

crikey looks like a bad crash

Naw, just another v.messy puncture repair ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Post Reservoir Dog 2016, At Deli-licious-Cafe Crumlin, Dublin.

ofvb5c.jpg

Yum. I earned that.

eh, I was kinda cycling in my head?

396238.jpg
    you have a major compatibility problem there, the freewheel is on the wrong side of the wheel.

• Advertisement

396238.jpg
    you have a major compatibility problem there, the freewheel is on the wrong side of the wheel.

The wheel is ok, the problem is the frame was manufactured the wrong way around. Can't understand how I didn't notice it before !!!

Advertisement