Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

dwvt42.jpg

Another Snowtown selfie. It was magical out in the North County this morning (and in South Meath too).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,976 ✭✭✭Plastik

IMG_20161019_081114-01_zpshgywvu8x.jpeg

Good morning, Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Plastik wrote: »
    ]

Good morning, Wicklow.

Excellent pic. The road less travelled :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

Girona photos....

terrydel wrote: »
    Girona photos....

Some more....

How does one embed the photos by the way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

Did the Royal Canal to Mullingar on Friday afternoon. Camped across the canal at lock 25 I think, behind an old ruin. Then did Mullingar-Athlone greenway and on to east Galway (home) saturday morning.

The Canal path is undergoing a lot of improvement so I had to divert to the roads a fair bit.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭thejaguar

I think the best way is to host the photo on a site that you can get a public link for the photo.

Or, you can attach the picture, then before you post, go to the preview and copy the link and put it back in the post using the "insert image" option. I don't know if this is recommended - but I've done it in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

I use tinypic.com as the host site. It allows you to resize the photo and to generate the IMG code for copying into your post in one go. Once you do it a few times it's straightforward enough.

I use tinypic.com as the host site. It allows you to resize the photo and to generate the IMG code for copying into your post in one go. Once you do it a few times it's straightforward enough.

Cheers, I work as a software developer so should really know this stuff! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

I did the Westportif this year. It was one of the rare great days we got in the year. These images were from its facebook page. I think it is on in early May this year. Fabulous route.

x1jpItk.jpg

lXpzLu4.jpg

• Advertisement

Terrydel

I was trying to figure out how to post a picture as well.
    I downloaded the imgur app from the playstore and uploaded the photos to that.

Then you click the share button and select 'copy to clipboard". Then paste into boards and put the tags [IMG][/IMG] either side of it.

That still wasn't working for me so I put .jpg at the end of each image text and lo and behold it worked.

Then you click the share button and select 'copy to clipboard". Then paste into boards and put the tags [IMG][/IMG] either side of it.

Just hit the image icon on the posting header the one that looks like a mountain scene. It brings up a pop up a paste in your link usually you've to remove the http: it brings up.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Just hit the image icon on the posting header the one that looks like a mountain scene. It brings up a pop up a paste in your link usually you've to remove the http: it brings up.

I am on the old legacy boards app that they no longer support.

All you can do is create a thread and reply.

The new app was a disaster.

Are people just using a browser version or what?

I am on the old legacy boards app that they no longer support.

All you can do is create a thread and reply.

The new app was a disaster.

I never used the app found it a pita to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I upload to Photobucket and then copy the forum link on my desktop.

I couldn't be arsed doing it on a phone - too much hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

[IMG][/img]ip9il3.jpg

Last night's cycle

30hpk6h.jpg

This morning's swim

Lovely part of coastline

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭halvis

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Cracking photos of Wales there. The Ogwyn Valley is magical on a sunny day.

Here's an artsy shot of a view that I'm sure a lot of folk here have suffered to see.

14633227_10208935120153357_3701783462581208498_o_zpsa4xcptrg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Not sure what I love more, my Brooks B17 or a bucket of Costa coffee :p

400086.jpg

Heavy, but a damned good saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Hauki

1ZHD0Zv.jpg?1

Spent a week riding around Algarve in Portugal. I took one wrong turn and look where I ended up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

halvis wrote: »
    Wales a few weeks ago - Lashed it down first day, beautiful the next.

The Snowdonia picture: in English "One of Britain's breathing spaces", in Welsh "A place to rest your soul"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Garzard

Ventured up to Kippure today for the first time in a while. Bit of an ominous mist descended down around the mast for a few minutes but got some decent photos once it cleared, despite my phone. Apologies for the size!

400399.jpg

400400.jpg

400401.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Took the hybrid for a spin on the newly opened section of the Waterford Greenway. This section stretches from Kilmacthomas to Dungarvan. There's plenty to see, including disused railway stations, the Kilmacthomas viaduct, and of course the spectacular tunnel at Ballyvoile. It's a lovely spin, only about 22kms each way. I'd highly recommend it.
    [URL="{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .HelveticaNeueInterface-Regular;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl480\qc\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs40 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 30667803425_2c42ac6c95.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Hauki

What's the surface like in the greenway, is it doable with a roadbike?

We used hybrids, but there were plenty of people using road bikes. The section from Kilmacthomas to Dungarvan has 2 types of surface - tarmac & a good chip & tar type surface. Don't be put off, the chip & tar is very good quality.

Just be aware that if you choose to cycle at weekends some sections will be very busy, so you won't be able to break any speed records! It's also suggested that cyclists have bells on their bikes to alert other greenway users.

It's definitely worth doing. It was great to see the age range of users - from tiny babies being transported in trailers attached to bikes, to very "mature" cyclists on bikes that looked like they'd been resurrected from sheds after many years of neglect. There were also quite a number of pampered pooches being carried in trailers :pac:

That Waterford Greenway looks like a gem. It seems to have more impressive features than the Western Greenway.

There is a page on facebook that has lots of photos and info. The viaduct looks beautiful and there is a stunning high sea view at some stage as well. On facebook search for Waterford Greenway Group or Deise Greenway.

I definitely plan to cycle that at some stage and maybe even run some of it.

There's also an official facebook page called Waterford Greenway, run by Waterford Council, as well as a twitter account & website. The website has a handy map, outlining the various features you'll see along the way. http://www.visitwaterford.com/things-to-do/stories/WaterfordGreenway.php

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

Cycled it during the Summer, had the 2 year old in one of the trailers on the back he loved it , fantastic route.

That long tunnel was a very unexpected treat.

Some serious views along the way. In my opinion its a nicer route than the one in Westport - Achill and definitely better than the Mullingar - Athlone route.

No knocking the last 2 routes, but in terms of things to look at as you amble along the Waterford route is by far the nicest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Couple of shots from the Burren last week

400981.JPG

400982.JPG

400983.JPG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Sunday morning crisp and fresh

IMG_1626.jpgupload gif

Advertisement