Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭sy

Western Sahara proper. The last week almost broke me. Cycling in a desert is a headwreck.
    Hmmm...
    180621.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Really really really nice day here today. No photos from my main cycle but went for a short spin along the walkway for a coffee:

Tables at the "Surf Cafe"
    2011-11-11161339.jpg

View from the outdoor armchairs arranged along the walkway infront of the walkway cafe
    2011-11-11161708.jpg

The reverse of the above, not as nice looking :p
    Note the naff but comfy armchair, straight from 20 million BC
    2011-11-11161716.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

cork roads at their finest today:
    181777.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

A superb thread.

couple of shots from my winter spin in December 2010.

ROC2.jpg
    ROC3.jpg
    DSC00100.jpg
    DSC00101.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Kerry 09, couldn't have been luckier! Straight from that Lotto ad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

A shiny gold sovereign to the person who can guess where in Ireland these were taken...First pic is an easy one from one county, all the others from another county. Double points if you know where exactly they were taken.

(Sorry for the double post)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

is the third one taken on the road between louisberg and leenane?

Nope sorry! Those last 3 are all in the same county (2 and 3 in the same place).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

A shiny gold sovereign to the person who can guess where in Ireland these were taken...First pic is an easy one from one county, all the others from another county. Double points if you know where exactly they were taken.

(Sorry for the double post)

Is the second one Glenveagh?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

Hook head lighthouse
    Glenveagh
    Glenveagh
    Bunbeg (guessing!)

Great photos!

• Advertisement

Correct and correct, the beach one is by the sea somewhere between glenveagh and fanad if i remember rightly. Thanks Mr. Creosote!

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭velopeloton

Early this morning on Col du Soulor - 6km from the summit.
    jason-marlow-soulor-2-2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

Amazing photos Velopeloton !! you really are selling me on a Pyrennes trip for next year....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭meercat

beautiful velopeloton
    love all your pictures
    think the random photo thread would benefit from some of your posts
    thanks for sharing your scenery
    meercat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

seve65 wrote: »
    cork roads at their finest today:
    181777.jpg
    Ouch!!Where is that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

IMG_0525.jpg

This is what I have been riding around at work on the past few days. Hub brake on the back, horribly uncomfortable saddle and about 10 psi in the tyres. All good fun!

2011-12-02093210.jpg
    (the reg)

2011-12-02101605.jpg
    I'm kinda annoyed this didn't come out, I assume it's sweat on the lens, the phone was in my jersey pocket. It would have been a nice shot of wooded hills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

This is what I have been riding around at work on the past few days. Hub brake on the back, horribly uncomfortable saddle and about 10 psi in the tyres. All good fun!

You might want to lower the nose of that saddle, looks like a bit of a nad-squasher in its current configuration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

You might want to lower the nose of that saddle, looks like a bit of a nad-squasher in its current configuration.

This bike is one of 5 communial ones, but I will adjust one to suit once I've tried them all. They ride better than they look - and all have trailer hitches for moving stuff about. We're not allowed to take them off the airport, so I've just bought a commuting machine for getting to and from work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

My track bike is built :D

picture.php?albumid=1758&pictureid=11368

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

Nice! Wrong thread though, deserves to be in IoB!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Dermot Illogical

Whoops! I forgot about that one. Done now.

v2tw6g.jpg

^^^ explanation?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It looks like the ped/cyclist bridge across the N2/M50 junction at Finglas to me.

spot on robert foster
    its the cycle lane on the old n2 up and over the m50
    dont think many use it as it looks brand new still

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

This has to be one of the best threads I've ever seen:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I've used it a couple of times in each direction. It's alright heading south (except for the ped/cyclist lights at the bottom that don't change when traffic is stopped coming off the M50 - you still have to push a button), but heading north it's a bit tricky to get on to.

Handy enough coming out of Charlestown, but if you're coming from the Finglas bypass, you either have to dismount to join the cycle lane (no dished kerb) and follow the multiple set of lights to get across to the Charlestown side; or you've got to turn right using the filter lane and then left on to the path. Getting across from the left lane to the filter lane is OK, but the lights are pressure sensitive/magnetic and I wasn't able to trigger them on my own, missed a sequence, and had to ask a car behind me to move closer.

First time I crossed I tried a panoramic shot, but my phone didn't stitch it together very well.

pan_thumb.jpg

I suppose taking the bridge is more favourable than staying on the road and having to cross 2 lanes of traffic coming off the M50. It's not the most comfortable maneuver in a car at peak times, don't know how I'd feel on a bike.

3-lane.jpg

Fantastic day to be on the bike today.

25 degrees, clear sky, really sunny, slight breeze, enough to keep you cool but not be annoying to cycle into.
    Kent Rd
    2011-12-08110148.jpg
    2011-12-08110152.jpg

Foxgloves growing in the woods on Kent
    2011-12-08114132.jpg

Possum trap on Alfred rd, an egg in a box :D
    2011-12-08114837.jpg

River at the top of Alfred road
    2011-12-08114948.jpg
    2011-12-08114955.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

New Dun Laoghaire Pavillion cycle rack area commandeered by Christmas trees vendors.
    "They may be tree-huggers, but they're not going to be carrying one of these off on one of them yokes, so screw 'em!"

6486467801_8af3117791_z.jpg

Advertisement