Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos taken on your cycle.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

Lallys mountain Tourmakeady looking towards Croagh Patrick

422717.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Biopace

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    ^^^^^^
    Where was that taken Biopace?

Millennium Cross on the Tipp side of Lough Derg, near Killaloe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

zFoCZt7.jpg
    k3u8ytm.jpg
    sTPjleJ.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 irishman1976

xxyyzz wrote: »

where are these taken?

Hi all

There are many wonderful photos opm tis thread and i am lobig them all but of the 341 threads 90% has only the photos. Can you at least put above the photo the location so we can know where the photo was taken??

• Advertisement

Seeing as we're dolmen spotting. This was from two weeks ago.

where exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

where exactly?

About 10km north of Fornos de Algodres in North Central Portugal. It was taken on day 2 of this year's Hospice Cycle from Porto to Lisbon. The absence of a location was intended to provoke speculation but it obviously didn't work (until now).

I generally agree with you that stating the location when posting is a good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭df

A few photos from a backroad variation on the Ring of Kerry that I did last week.
    IMG_8933.jpg
    IMG_9021.jpg
    IMG_9124.jpg
    IMG_9198.jpg
    IMG_9247.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

df wrote: »
    A few photos from a backroad variation on the Ring of Kerry that I did last week.
    IMG_8933.jpg
    IMG_9021.jpg
    IMG_9124.jpg
    IMG_9198.jpg
    IMG_9247.jpg

Gap of Dunloe

Old Kenmare Road

Ballaghbeama

Caherciveen

Descent into Rossbeigh?

ford2600 wrote: »
    Gap of Dunloe

Old Kenmare Road

Ballaghbeama

Caherciveen

Descent into Rossbeigh?

Very good. The second one is on the Kerry Way near Lord Brandon's Cottage in the Black Valley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

df wrote: »
    Very good. The second one is on the Kerry Way near Lord Brandon's Cottage in the Black Valley.

Is that a tent attached to the front? Did you camp out enroute?

Fantastic pics 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 17,930 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Whats the Old Kenmare Road, a cycling path through a bog? That photo has me intrigued now.

Thargor wrote: »
    Whats the Old Kenmare Road, a cycling path through a bog? That photo has me intrigued now.

The Old Kenmare Road links the Lough Leane and Kenmare. It's part of the Kerry Way. I believe bikes aren't allowed on it, if they were it would be mountain/fat bike territory.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Is that a tent attached to the front? Did you camp out enroute?

Fantastic pics 👌

Thanks. We carried gear for camping but end up sleeping out without tents the first night and B+Bing the other two. This is how we carried out stuff.

IMG_9180.jpg

2FS876G.jpg
    Moylussa, Co. Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭plodder

Sheefry pass, Co. Mayo this morning. Had to stop at one point, with the rain beating into my face.

sheefry.jpg

Further on at The Maum, Durless. Hard enough climb, over the other side - was around 20% grade for last 500m.

maum.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭queldy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Mt.Leinster

khmy-sSaSmwlPD_5egEEE8BcxffdIjDPcw_K-WXrRUcZxt_VJ9YzbUcNJPDyyo-3KN56KsyrU9GcciTVZaoAM3THJD2llre_lNdVJI9IDceYRSMgXCn-ethABjRWTex72Dw7xDrss0LvwhQDWpFLiZuAjidZr62jGtI9-Ln1zZG3UPPDQZxTggdVxRHXrN-vbKkO5TqT9x3yZxCbO-MP23k7nZDdyQUvkofS3W0lBcdqE4zCGgZ33Dao-OsQA2v6Ye3GvhJjcYBOVDwVCV5OvI31N2FEawVgClEgtEun20Pw6V0hsEWa6cRSoPklkN2UMSLztRwWNNFcQ6uainnnuCuiEA9rMYjxJHLXBuV302W03cfZgpmt6kxZkLNyPEcsrK8jy-MnwcvpKijZU2y89lzxHi_YInCloqxcW4WScv5IAYwm8otkpfZr0zrol7ke_FCG2oeDaLXqeNezbQ-UmbENUz63864NNif3-mPPLxQNxlrp5rBCPaJzSGDPYXdHFgTPv1Sa1jFZnwRvvrcSLXbnEpe4kGFU165TeM9wZTTcTPDEwQ2D3kjoT9YE0EXy0MlI7CDwVixCmOIkk9sbdZtK46D9u96SIX6UCqdaY1_VBvgYrBnhylW3HDzTcyLcOsvfpQ4lnx5UdDOmMCY1cjADhNZ4-4e9HCvo5KKryjNGVEI=w972-h548-no

FV2d3e_TWO8DinkgMPKLWB-LrFj5HNKxZ5QF89YRwyuj_W7OfVzXmJn9ob4r3ITbJgFcJkdRovT-ETIrDCT8ngh66dSk8UF-WVyvRTMPENXMlDw5RVFlcPKD6wg7uuRsYMj0fV_pCdAObVW3As65__3dJ4g-Zz3l4e8y0_mBO2AdX-1koj1GsKSkD6npXU2hE_XkevRoDro1UxPnHoNU70fnp_ezAH63DRwIiw5tJjkgmbz1cak0k4_R5cAKIAi7OxbX-EYbhjNXGTqupYuKgVCmBKzh4GooaqV142QLr5wW6gGYjgA94-eHRKSjzGj8cVE5LQ9bx7s8sQYypFQSltwQ55YqFN3UbJpujgSTwG2XIyTJBR1HDVeWzdRiPxrlXj8RSi5WdCUrB_e4dztvIuuvyoi3MgY0ZmzSouwkHfjO2sXSLyWKcShMPT8YcQLXB8MwGpxMXQpDOJ_LtqnuWV5l3qJCzz2PII4tOPWWU43Y6KZS2PKoTqAokwsAorSHyRq59ATtYwlNQHyT2UiEJj33Qr8PBOHQ7TJttW1jhlVRbWO90pdWHYFoTcuh9T2Nz9xlkT6y7TkdnzFsqsAG-kK_nbxwQ-g-n9fC5b1lnyU4iP5veFg8y0-QKAKR-vV71ab3XUzaBW4r9jvBLM7G-xFQKZoGeP5xMYSTT7nWuPUpwHM=w359-h638-no

I borrowed this Kellys from a neighbour and did the new M17 Gort to Tuam motorway, its not open yet but the surface is completely flat and perfect. I didnt meet a single person or vehicle, didnt see a single thing of interest the whole way either, as in not even a nice tree, it is literally the most dull road Ive ever been on. I got bored and turned off at Athenry and headed out to Kinvara along the back roads. Amazing how you eat up the kilometres on a good surface with no interruptions though, I cycled from Gort to Athenry in what seemed like the same time it would take to do it in a car on the old road and it felt like a trip to the shops.

znaz4p4.jpg

S2d9wnA.jpg

LKEPEWk.jpg

Atdc8kz.jpg

Theres a sportife on that one soon I think. Even mere mortals will zip along from the look of that surface :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

As an ex Photobucket user, now that they want hard earned off you, how are you posting pics up?
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,176 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Planet X wrote: »
    As an ex Photobucket user, now that they want hard earned off you, how are you posting pics up?
    Cheers.
    Imgur, or with boards you attach images to the post using Manage Attachments. You can then preview the post to get the image links in order to embed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Went out today in pure summer mode, shorts, light jersey and got pee'd on for 50kms...
    I just carried on and sang in the rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

Kilkenny at 7AM this morning before the Tour de Kilkenny

424329.jpg

Theres a sportife on that one soon I think. Even mere mortals will zip along from the look of that surface :)
    I was kicking myself for not bringing my roadbike down from Dublin, would have easily set new personal speed records on some sections, it was like a wind tunnel with the wind at my back all the way, just a pity its so empty though, which is strange because on the old Gort-Kinvara-Ardrahan-Athenry etc road you can barely go a minute without seeing a nice bridge or a ruined castle or a nice lake or stream, this is just nothingness all the way, worse than the motorway from Dublin to Galway.

Thargor wrote: »
    I was kicking myself for not bringing my roadbike down from Dublin, would have easily set new personal speed records on some sections, it was like a wind tunnel with the wind at my back all the way, just a pity its so empty though, which is strange because on the old Gort-Kinvara-Ardrahan-Athenry etc road you can barely go a minute without seeing a nice bridge or a ruined castle or a nice lake or stream, this is just nothingness all the way, worse than the motorway from Dublin to Galway.

Looks like one for lads/lassies with TT bikes to jump on while they can !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,987 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

vQfT46vh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Hauki

lnmNoLm.png

Another beautiful day in the Wastelan... umm Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭dylbert

Glen1.jpg

• Advertisement

Blackhead Loop, Burren, Co Clare

ch47YBI.jpg

Advertisement